Sally Yates

Sally Yates - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Feb, 2017 - 3:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Best of  Sally Yates USA Acting Attorney General
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sally Yates

Acting Attorney General Sally Yates has told Justice Department lawyers not to make legal arguments defending President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration and refugees, sources familiar with the order tell CNN's Evan Perez.

Yates, an Obama appointee who is serving until Trump attorney general nominee Jeff Sessions is confirmed, does not believe the substance of the order is lawful, according to the sources. Her order is enforced only until she leaves office. Ref. USAToday.

Sally Yates
Sally Yates (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Yates Sally

The White House said President Trump fired acting Attorney General Sally Yates for “refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States.”

"(Yates) has betrayed the Department of Justice," the White House statement said.

Yates had told Justice Department lawyers not to make legal arguments defending Trump's executive order on immigration and refugees, according to sources.

Yates was appointed by President Barack Obama and had been set to serve until Sen. Jeff Sessions, Trump's nominee for attorney general, is confirmed. Ref. CNN.

31st Jan, 2017 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Sally Yates History & Civil Business Politics

Talk about Celebrity Apprentice stuff here. "You're fired" is good for reality TV and Trump as president too. If you don't agree you are out. They have as much as said that's how it is but really Sally Yates probably knew this was coming and wanted to go out with a bang.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 168 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 16.8%

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2017 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Sally Yates
A Friend

Yates Sally

Krusten you are right on target! She was out as soon as the new AG was approved. She is an Obama holdover. She had days. This made her a hero on the left. In truth, the way she did it was wrong. She didn't comment on the legality of the EO and she defied her boss. She should have offered her resignation. The President is her boss and all executive authority is vested in him and it flows from him and that is in the Constitution of the United States of America. Rather, she chose to become a celebrity.

15th Feb, 2017 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Yates Sally

With all that's going on in the Trump administration and the recent addition by Flynn that he lied to the VP I can see Sally Yates saying a big "I told you so!". Look out for her getting even more involved in politics in the near future.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2017 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Sally Yates
A Friend

Sally Yates

Yes, she'll get involved in politics and be the Democrats darling until something comes out about her. It is a vindictive atmosphere in DC and has been for quite some time. I hate the way things happen there. Rather than try to work together the Democrats and Republicans get their machines going and work to destroy their opposition. You have to live a perfect life to be in politics and even then these machines will work to twist something in your past to show it in the worst way possible. This is both sides and it is just plain wrong.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Feb, 2017 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Sally Yates
A Friend

Sally Yates

All of this makes a lot of people not want to even go into national politics. Anything someone did no matter how long ago it happened is fair game. I wish there were either no political parties or more than two major parties. So many politicians in both parties would rather this country suffer a huge setback than for the other party to succeed. I'm afraid Party is more important to many than country.

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Sally Yates
A Friend

Sally Yates Politics Business Civil & History

Kyrroeth,

Unfortunately, I think you are spot on with your assessment. To stay on subject, I think what Yates did could have been handled differently and the way she did it was just as political and to get her five minutes of fame. I think she should have resigned in the most public way and laid out her reasons for doing so. That is the way one is supposed to handle these things when at the senior level of government. She should have done that rather than refusing to follow her boss', the President, instructions. Again, this is part of the hyper partisan world in which we live. Furthermore, I think cable news and the internet are directly responsible for this hyper partisanship.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Sally Yates

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,