Chocoholic - Chocolate Addiction

Chocoholic Chocolate Addiction - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Feb, 2013 - 5:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Chocoholic My name is... And I'm a chocoholic. Chocolate lover.
23rd Feb, 2013 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Chocoholic

I have always loved chocolate but usually saw it as having a place among other kinds of treats. Over the past couple of months where the stress of three autistic children can send you to the brink of insanity I have found relief in chocolate. Now I can have no other flavor or 'treat' that isn't chocolate. That chocolatey goodness that goes against every health ethic I know is a part of my life. I read somewhere that chocolate has almost the same potent after feeling of 'just after' sex, I guess its the relaxing feeling. I believe were it not for my dilemma I would not hold such value to it but as of now I do. Anyone else a chocoholic?

Chocoholic - Chocolate Addiction (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
23rd Feb, 2013 - 9:51am / Post ID: #

Addiction Chocolate Chocoholic

JB, I don't know if this can help you accept your "Addiction" but I'm definitely into it as well. I can't stay two whole days without eating chocolate, at the point that I will start dreaming of it. Silly but true.
But, despite the need I feel for it, I'm still selective about which kind of chocolate I eat. Local products have no taste and an incredible amount of chemical additives so I only buy imported chocolate. This way I not only damage my health but also my wallet...

23rd Feb, 2013 - 12:11pm / Post ID: #

Chocoholic - Chocolate Addiction Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I understand about your being selective, I'm this way as well. When I lived in England I used to love the chocolate there because the wax content is not as high as it is from North America. This made eating the Dark Chocolate a delight.

The unequal standard is true with local chocolate as well which also contains many additives and has a generic taste. I also do not care for chocolate bars that contain caramel, nougat, and other sugary items. The chocolate bar as pictured in this Thread is the best. Occasionally, one with nuts and raisins is nice but I rather plain.

Before, I used to eat it as a treat now it is more like a medication and when I want a 'high' I always go for the Dairy Queen Chocolate Extreme (chocolate ice cream, chocolate brownies, chocolate chips).

23rd Feb, 2013 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Looks like we have the same problem. I'm realizing that chocolate is as dangerous as alcohol or drugs if we consider the level of addiction.
I had a problem with my knees when still in my Country: I damaged both my meniscus slipping on a staircase while carrying a heavy wardrobe. I avoided surgery but I can't take part in sports that put stress on the knees, like tennis or football where you have to sprint and suddenly stop, and I can't gain weight. My reckless passion for the plain chocolate bars and the brownies forces me to skip lunch or dinner sometimes to avoid those 2, 3 kilos that would endanger my knees.

I agree on another point: chocolate is a medicine. That brown, delicious thing becomes a way to seek gratification. Lately, I'm quite frustrated on a professional level. Looks like no matter how much effort I put in pushing my business up, I always grow but only to fall back to the old levels after a couple of months.
I'm a stubborn guy and not easy to give up so I keep trying, putting even more effort each time I have to do the same thing again. I work at least 12 hours per day: no weekends, no holydays, except for my day off on Thursday which becomes the busiest day since is the only moment I have for taking care of my house and of all the small errands that dot our lives. Chocolate is my answer, is the thing that gives me strength to start again every morning.

Somebody may think this is crazy but it isn't. On a scientific level, chocolate causes our body to produce higher levels of Serotonin, an hormone that is linked to personal gratification and, therefore, happiness. The sense of satisfaction we feel after doing sport or having sex is because of higher levels of Serotonin in our body.

And, now, I will just eat the rest of that dark chocolate bar that is waiting for me in the fridge (Suggestion: never put it in the fridge, unless you live in a tropical Country).

23rd Feb, 2013 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE (Bruconero)
Somebody may think this is crazy but it isn't.

I certainly do not think it is crazy, in my case it is a solution. Everything is mental when you think about it (like the psychology test of the bell and the dog's saliva if you know what I'm talking about) chocolate is no more of a crutch than anything else someone will use to bring their inner 'peace'.

A justification is stress. High stress levels in your body can cause high levels of toxins that can basically make you sick. You do need something to relieve the stress or in other words 'trick yourself' into making everything "OK" so that the stress toxins can stop being produced. I do exercise and eat right most of the time but because I can never be alone or go out and do something on my own I have to find easy relief when I need it at home - the answer is a quick dose of chocolate.

When you have to do coding, run a business and raise three autistic children all at the same time you sometimes feel such feelings of despair that a quick chocolate drink or bar fixes and helps you calm down.

One thing to watch out for is that chocolate is highly acidic and interrupts your PH balance. It is important to ensure that you counter it with an alkaline meal. I also do not drink chocolate milk, but a soy substitute blended with Brewer's Yeast thus making it a partial 'health' drink. I usually make this 'shake' in place of a meal mostly because there are days I just cannot eat or stop to eat.

24th Feb, 2013 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Yes, I know the test you are talking about. Everything is mental indeed and, as you said, chocolate is the way we use to trick our mind, to tell ourselves that everything is ok. Stress is a bad beast. Not only damages us on a physical level, it has heavy psychological consequences as well: slowly slowly it weakens your will. Some of us, stronger maybe, recognize the mental erosion after some time and seek some way of compensation. But in certain cases stress can bring literally to the verge of madness.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Feb, 2013 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Chocoholic Chocolate Addiction

The downside to what you guys are saying is the calories. I love chocolate as well but what keeps me from attacking it too often is knowing how fat I could get. I wonder how good those Slimmies chocolates are, they use them for weight loss but never tried it,

24th Feb, 2013 - 5:10am / Post ID: #

Chocoholic Chocolate Addiction Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Is not about just liking chocolate, Mandy, is about having a real addiction to it. I love beer or wine but I can live without alcohol so I'm not by any means comparable to a drunkard. On the opposite, I can't live without chocolate. Is something that I have to eat almost daily and in its purer and better form, no matter the price. I never touch snacks or drinks that have chocolate flavor, they are not attractive at my eyes. What I need is pure chocolate, the real one.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Chocoholic - Chocolate Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,