What's Your Favorite Military Rifle?

What' S Favorite Military Rifle - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Feb, 2017 - 11:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

My wife bought me an M1 Garand not too long ago and I have to say I love it. I got to play with the M1 back during my days in the Army. No, I'm not that old, but the unit I was in got to play with all kinds of different military weapons from all kinds of countries because we never knew what we'd find wherever we went. Anyway, even prior to that I was a sniper, 18th ABN Corps Sniper School, and we used the M21, which is similar to an M1 but in .308 NATO and using different loading system. I've had the chance to use just about every weapon there is, or at least was up until I retired and I have to say the M1 is my absolute favorite weapon. They are incredibly accurate and have a heck of a long range. They feel substantial. They can take a heck of a beating and still fire. Of course, they are only semi-automatic. But, I'd rather shoot semi-auto and hit my target rather than spray a ton of bullets and miss… or worse, have a weapon that doesn't even work because a bit of grit jammed it.

So, what's your favorite military style rifle and why?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rifle Military Favorite Whats

While the M1 is a nice solid weapon with great range and is able to take a beating I am one that is not that keen on the method of getting the bolt forward when replacing a clip. I knew many who had the M1 thumb. While I did not have the opportunity to shoot a lot of weapons I still liked the original AR-15. I think the later models too too much away from it as they tried to make it a better more versatile weapon. Between that and my .45 I was a terror to be reckoned with.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What's Your Favorite Military Rifle? History & Civil Business Politics

Yeah, M1 thumb is not fun. They fixed that with the M14, which is basically an M1 modified to fire auto and magazine fed, as I'm sure you know. My issue with the M14 was the weaker .308 round. I like the ability to reach out a bit further with .30-06 round. Have you ever tried anything by Fabrique Nationale or Heckler & Koch? They make some great rifles too. And yes, I was and am a fan of the M1911.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I like the HKs I have shot. They make fine weapon. I would not mind getting one in the future but I am still happy with my old .243 long rifle that has been in my family for a couple generations. I can hit anything I aim at with that and it does not even have a scope on it. If I can not get you before you get close my .40 cal handgun will get you. Someday I hope to have another M1911 again.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Existing Threads realated to: M1 Garand Search Results. Listing of Gun related Threads: Gun Reviews - Gun Laws.

> TOPIC: What's Your Favorite Military Rifle?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,