What Scares You The Most?

What Scares Most - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 20th Feb, 2017 - 8:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

What in life scares you the most and how do you manage your fear of it?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Most You Scares What

The thought of public speaking causes me to shut down. Once had to give a simple speech in front of a high school English class on a written report. It was two minutes of awkward silence and stammering before I could get a coherent word out, and it didn't improve much from there.

As to how I manage it these days, this may sound funny, but I imagine myself stepping into the shoes of a character, much like I do in roleplaying games, and talking as him. The character in question is of course a lot like me, I'm not feigning a bunch of new mannerisms, just distancing myself slightly from the event.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Scares You The Most? Health & Special Psychology

What fears me the most right now is the state of this nation. I am one that feels that if we do not come back together as a nation we will have another civil war and that will change the face of this nation for all time. No longer will we be the United States of America. We will be forever divided and that scares me.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Most You Scares What

I'm a baby with heights. I have a tough time at amusement parks. I have to close my eyes to ride any kind of ride that is very high. It still terrifies me. Riding in a glass elevator terrifies me. I hate it. I've tried facing it as they say but it hasn't worked yet. sad.gif.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Most You Scares What

It helps to prepare yourself and go slowly. Visualize the situation beforehand, and remind yourself of all the myriad reasons you are much safer than impulse suggests.

For instance, one acrophobiac I know also had a problem with glass elevators, he would always reach out and keep a hand on the glass.

Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'll have to try that Daishain. I know it's irrational. I've tried my whole life to overcome it. I just prefer to be on the ground. A friend suggested I skydive to overcome it. That might kill me. sad.gif.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Feb, 2017 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Scares You Most

What your friend suggests is called flooding. It is a rather brutal method to get over phobias.

It is known in some cases to work, effecting a rapid cure. It is known in other cases to cause severe psychological trauma and to make phobias worse.

I wouldn't recommend it, especially in a situation like that where failing to overcome fear is extremely dangerous.

20th Feb, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

What Scares You Most Psychology Special & Health

What scares me are the things I don't know. Are aliens watching us? Is Russia going to blow us up? Is there going to be another mall shooting or 911, things like that.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What Scares You The Most?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,