Texas Death Row

Texas Death Row - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 4:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Texas Death Row

The Supreme Court ruled in favor of a death row inmate in Texas whose own lawyers introduced evidence at trial that he was more likely to be dangerous in the future because he is black.

The court ruled that the inmate, Duane Buck, will now be able to go back to a lower court and argue that he should have a new sentencing hearing.

In a 6-2 ruling, Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the majority opinion holding that Buck has "Demonstrated both ineffective assistance of counsel" and has an "Entitlement to relief." Ref. CNN.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Texas Death Row
A Friend

Row Death Texas

Got to love seeing how impartial the Texan court system is. At least this matter was caught in the Supreme court.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 11:00pm / Post ID: #

Texas Death Row
A Friend

Texas Death Row History & Civil Business Politics

Wow seriously they stated he was would likely to be more dangerous in the future because he was black? That statement in itself raises a red flag with me. I would demand that he get another trial because ones skin color does not mean they are more or less likely to be violent in the future. I hope that this time he gets a fair trial.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Texas Death Row
A Friend

Row Death Texas

Yeah, and I'm more likely to carry a tommy gun in a violin case because my mother was Italian. This man deserves a new everything.

Rather off topic, but...
I remember when I was in high school they taught us about the great surge of immigrants from Southern Europe at the end of the 1800s through the 1920s. That is when all of my grandparents came to the US. Two from Greece and two from Italy. Well, there was a "Study" that conclusively proved Greeks were morally inferior to Northern Europeans and more prone to crime. This, of course, was to help the powers of the time reduce unwanted immigration from the sub-human south of Europe. Actually, had it been a real study they have found that each wave of immigrants is prone to crime to some degree because they are so poor and sometimes desperate.

People are people and the color of one's skin, one's ethnicity, one's religion, the shape of one's eyes, or one's sexual orientation isn't an indicator of whether one will be a criminal or not. Given the same benefits and challenges in life I would venture to say 95 times out of a 100 people will turn out somewhat similar regardless of ethnicity, skin color. Etc. That this poor man was judged by the color of his skim is almost as much a crime.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Texas Death Row
A Friend

Row Death Texas

I agree that anytime some one judges another by the way they look, they are commiting an injustice to the person they are judging. The person in a position of power needs removed and some one more willing to judge people by their actions needs to placed in that position.

> TOPIC: Texas Death Row

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,