Itching

Itching - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Mar, 2018 - 12:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Scratching and itch
Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Itching

Brain hardwired to respond to others' itching

Itching is a highly contagious behavior. When we see someone scratch, we're likely to feel itchy, too. New research shows contagious itching is hardwired in the brain. Ref. Source 7k.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2017 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Itching
A Friend

Itching

I often see people itch but it does not cause me to need to itch just like I can watch someone yawn but it does not cause me to yawn.

I know that if you itch it causes you to itch more then you scratch more and it is never ending cycle. I will ignore a itch until it goes away usually.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Itching
A Friend

Itching Health & Special Psychology

Itching is such a mysterious thing. I usually don't itch if I see that someone else is. I'll just get a random itch. My ankle for example will start itching uncontrollably. I'll scratch it and it gets worse. Then a few minutes later I realize something distracted me from it and it doesn't itch at all now *smile*.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2017 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Itching
A Friend

Itching

Yeah, itching is one of the mysteries of the human condition. It's kind of like a yawn. When you scratch you only spread your itch and when you yawn you only spread your yawn. Have you ever been in a crowded place, yawned or seen someone yawn and then watched as it spread?

Post Date: 11th Mar, 2018 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Itching

An itch you can't scratch: Researchers find 'itch receptors' in the throats of mice. Working with mice, researchers report they have found previously known skin itch receptors in the airways that appear to contribute to bronchoconstriction and airway hypersensitivity, hallmarks of asthma and other respiratory disorders. The investigators' experiments in mice suggest that the receptors' activation directly aggravates airway constriction and -- if the same process is active in people -- may be a promising new target for the development of drug therapies. Source 5u.

> TOPIC: Itching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,