Ides Of March

Ides March - History, Historic Profiles - Posted: 15th Mar, 2017 - 9:40pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 6 31 75 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

15 March - assassination of Julius Caesar
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Ides Of March

Ides of March

The Ides of March is a day on the Roman calendar that corresponds to March 15. It was marked by several religious observances and became notorious as the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar in 44 BC. Ref. Wikipedia.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
[?] CPosts: 15,072
Avg: 7.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 15,590.05 FP
Charm: 352

March Ides

I know that the 15th of March is famous for this one event. To see a great leader be brought down in this manor was the beginning to Romans end. After the Senate had Caesar assassinated it made everyone understand that power can corrupt anyone and thus no one was safe.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

Ides Of March
A Friend

Ides Of March Profiles Historic & History

Rome lasted a long time after this but it was never the same. Up until this point the Senate held the power and although there were times when one person amassed great power the Senate always managed to get the power back. After this and the victory of Caesar's nephew over Mark Antony and anointing himself Caesar (Where the terms Kaiser and Tsar come from) the Senate never held the power again, and Rome was no longer a Republic… it was an empire led by an emperor. Each Caesar in turn amassed more power and many increased her size.

Guest please SHARE: "Ides Of March" on:

Sponsored Links:

If Ides Of March is not what you are looking for then you may wish to Start A NEW Topic.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Ides Of March

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Latest Photos

Baby Mourning Doves
Baby Mourning Doves
Uploaded by: JB
Rated: 4/10 + 11 comments