Walk & Talk Therapy

Walk Talk Therapy - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Mar, 2017 - 4:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2017 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Walk & Talk Therapy

Walk & Talk Therapy

What are your thoughts on Walk & Talk Therapy vs in office sit down sessions with a psychologist?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2017 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

Walk & Talk Therapy
A Friend

Therapy Talk and Walk

I think I would be more willing to take a nice walk and talk to a therapist rather than go sit in his or her office and talk. I just feel more relaxed when I am walking.

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2017 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Walk & Talk Therapy
A Friend

Walk & Talk Therapy Health & Special Psychology

Some times I fel I just need to go out for a long walk and talk to myself I find that this helps me too. I do not always need to have another person with me to talk to. Besides I go by that old saying, "I talk to myself because some times I need expert advice."

Post Date: 26th Mar, 2017 - 11:33pm / Post ID: #

Walk & Talk Therapy
A Friend

Therapy Talk and Walk

So, I would think walk and talk therapy would be a darn site better than lay around or sit around and talk therapy. At least, it would for me. This also assumes one is healthy enough to walk and it isn't Anchrage, Alaska in January.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Walk & Talk Therapy
A Friend

Therapy Talk and Walk

I for one would enjoy walking about in Anchorage Alaska in January. But I am different than most people. Some people would say I am much different than they thought.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Walk & Talk Therapy
A Friend

Walk & Talk Therapy

KN,

I was in Anchorage back fairly early in my military career when I was in the 82nd ABN Div. It was January and the temperature was anywhere from a high of 0 to a low of -20. At the low when I'd breathe my nose would stay shut for a split second if I took a big breath because the wetness in it would freeze together. I was just a buck sergeant at the time, so I was young and thought that was cool.

The day we got there it took a while to get from the airport to Fort Richardson because we had to wait for the moose. My old PLT SGT was stationed there so I spent a few days with him. I got to see black bears walking around the dumpsters in the housing area and bald eagles flying around like it was nothing special… although this was outside of town. I loved it. That said, I'm not always all there upstairs. rolleyes.gif

I was there to grade an exercise called Brimfrost. We deployed after arctic weather training, which was more fun than training. We graded the old 6th ID, whose round out brigade was from the MN National Guard. We deployed to a place called Lonely DEW Station. A radar site in the middle of nowhere which the NG was protecting from a fictional Soviet attack. It hit about -50 and some yahoo decided he didn't want to be there any more, took his glove off, and grabbed the barrel of his M 16, instant frostbite. They had to MEDEVAC him but he had to wait until the wind died enough for a Huey.

All in all, it was one of the most memorable months in my career.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Walk & Talk Therapy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,