Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion - Page 4 of 5

Just as in in ROK II, for character building - Page 4 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 4th Oct, 2018 - 1:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Discuss  Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion
13th Aug, 2018 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Initially, this will be about having Character creation done in a dynamic way and then into an easy to manage Play By Post game. Most likely I will run these Play By Post games until other Game Masters get the hang of the new system. Later, if we can get our targeted amount, then we will extend it so there is a Solo feature that allows Players to continue to get experience while waiting on a GM or to enter a game. This means a Character can enter a Play By Post game having already gained some experience.

Sponsored Links:
13th Aug, 2018 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text II Terra Future

That sounds like a great way to get a lot of games happening here. I will definitely try it when its made available. I'm also available for early bird testing *wink*.

22nd Aug, 2018 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion RPGs PBP Fiction Science

So the main basis of this new project is that your character sheet and rolls are all handled by the site? Doesn't that take away from the fun of creating your own character and making your own rolls?

22nd Aug, 2018 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Discussion General RPG Text II Terra Future

The Game Master says...

It is more involved than that. Character creation will definitely be very unique but not based on the accuracy of how well the player knows the rules of Character creation because it will be a guided process. If you have tried ROK II you will get an idea of what I am talking about.

Making rolls is not taken away, you still 'make a roll' for your character but the process of determining which dice to use or any bonuses that need to be included are calculated thus taking away that 'make sure you get it' right aspect of most Role-playing Games.

22nd Aug, 2018 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General RPG Text II Terra Future

I will actually prefer it was more like ROK II so that it does not end up being a reliance on if the GM is active or not.

22nd Aug, 2018 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion

The Game Master says...

Ultimately, you will have a choice. You can stay within FT2 and play solo or branch off to Play By Post. In the story there will be an ability for Characters to do both as needed so they aren't damned (As in stopped from progressing).

Rather off topic, but...
The system I am creating for FT2 will port over to other themes as well. The idea here is to have automated games in any theme possible: WW II, Apocalypse, Horror, etc.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Oct, 2018 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion - Page 4

Can you please explain, why "Coding" is necessary, and what it does?
How is its cost determined?

4th Oct, 2018 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Page 4

The Game Master says...

Just as in in ROK II, for character building to be automated, for rolls and checks to be made there needs to be instructions from somewhere to make it happen - this is where coding is necessary. The process of FT2 is to concentrate on getting a player in a game with a character as quick as possible without having someone to tell them the rules about character creation or how to format their character sheet correctly. The idea is to concentrate on role-play regardless to when players join in or leave for that matter.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,