Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion - Page 2 of 5

Where is this battle map JB, can players interract - Page 2 - Science Fiction PBP RPGs - Posted: 9th Aug, 2018 - 12:16am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Add Reply Q
Discuss  Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2018 - 12:12am / Post ID: #
Game Master
Senior Engineer: JB

Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion - Page 2

The Game Master says...

There has been some requests on and offline about starting up a Science Fiction Role-playing Game. Finding reliable people is a real problem so this has made me look at Future Terra II again.

Some recent ideas on making Future Terra II a unique Text Role-playing Game:

1. The interface will allow Character Building similar to Traveller where you get it over with in one instant rather during the course of play as in ROK II.

2. Completed Characters can then choose to play whatever Solo games there are but the main structure will be a Play By Post adventure that any GM can run.

3. There will be no need to to track stats or worry about rolls because the Character Sheet will keep track of everything. Therefore, in a typical Play By Post game a player may want to use a Skill but instead of rolling dice and having to make calculations there will be a button for it so the GM instantly gets your success calculated. This means a GM just needs to tell you the story rather than take on the work of calculation, resolving combat, or calculating experience - that will all be done automatically!

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2018 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 2,274
Avg: 1.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 37.9%
[+] Gain: 64.10 FP
Charm: 125

Discussion General RPG Text II Terra Future

I like those ideas specially the Play By Post interaction. Having a Science Fiction game going at the same time will also give me something to do when my ROK character is resting.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2018 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 69
Activity: 39.4%
[+] Gain: 59.57 FP
Charm: 11

Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion RPGs PBP Fiction Science

This could be a great idea. I would look forward to playing a Science Fiction Role-playing Game, play by post game.
Especially since, since I already have my dose of Dungeons & Dragons and ROK 2.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2018 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 401
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 16.6%
[+] Gain: 191.29 FP
Charm: 31

Page 2 Discussion General RPG Text II Terra Future

With the new character building format will there be room to continue learning after game play has started or is it once you create the character nothing else can be done?

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Discussion General RPG Text II Terra Future

Time warping with ROK2, I would like to see how that would happen?
You will need a futuristic town, equivalent version of Liafair? Not to mention all the NPC's?

Post Date: 25th Jul, 2018 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 25
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.4%
[+] Gain: 1.59 FP
Charm: 4

Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion

A science fiction based Role-playing Game similar to ROK would be something I will be excited to get into.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2018 - 3:07am / Post ID: #
Game Master
Senior Engineer: JB

Page 2 Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion

The Game Master says...

Now that I have opened up the Battle Map for ROK II I can begin looking at Future Terra. I will start a fund raising campaign for it. It will be simpler than ROK II and more Play By Post focused. The highlight will be that you can use your Skills within Posts. In other words, during a certain part of a scenario you can declare your Character will use X Skill and get the result right there and then. No need for dice rolling and so forth as the script will check all that and update your Character Sheet too. This will allow everyone to focus on good Science Fiction role-play than dice rolls or what rule books have to say.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2018 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Where is this battle map JB, can players interract with any of it yet?
I'm still interested in creating a character for this if required?

Post Date: Thu Apr 25, 2019 - 12:19:26 GMT / Post ID: #

History

We break from Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion to share correct from yesteryear:
HistoricToday is: 25th April (GMT), in history on the 25th of April, 1962 AD the following event happened:
US resumes above ground nuclear testing, at Christmas Island

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Sponsored Links:

Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Future Terra II Text RPG General Discussion

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2019
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Highlights

Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now one of the most controversial men in political history. By News 4.3 Days Ago Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By Pagan 30th Mar, 2019 - 6:07am Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By News 15th Mar, 2019 - 10:36pm Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By News 27th Feb, 2019 - 2:49am Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Xxbellaxx 13th Feb, 2019 - 8:12am Discuss It!
Stan Lee: Top  Stan Lee Comics By SMF 11th Dec, 2018 - 1:08pm Discuss It!
Kissing Up To The Boss In The Workplace: Top  Kissing Up Boss In Workplace By Reformist 22nd Nov, 2018 - 7:05pm Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Pureyang 14th Nov, 2018 - 3:03pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes