North Korea vs South Korea - Page 6 of 20

Way I agree with you Vincenzo. The only thing - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Dec, 2010 - 4:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (20) »
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea
26th Nov, 2010 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

North Korea vs South Korea - Page 6

Appears to me more like a coop. The sudden attack then the firing of the defense? Maybe I'm paranoid but there seems to be more going on under the surface of this.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2010 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Korea South Korea North

The US is sending some firepower to the region in addition to what is already there, see the latest update: USA vs. North Korea.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

26th Nov, 2010 - 11:07am / Post ID: #

North Korea vs South Korea History & Civil Business Politics

Just got back from a trip to Korea and was visiting family and spending some time in Seoul. Actually, 2 days before the N.Korean bombing of the small island, we were visiting the DMZ.

What is believed is that there are a couple of things in play that have created this rather large response from N.Korea. First, the future tyrant to be has his name already and is called "The Dear Commarad" and this appears to be his debutant ball. He needs to defend (like his father) the country from a false agression to be elevated in the people's eyes. Secondly, it is almost winter time. If you look over the last 30 years of N.Korean behavior, around this time or a bit earlier they stir something up almost every year or every other year to get aid (heating fuel oil, rice, etc...). In the past, they have used their nuclear program as a chip. Give us stuff and we don't need a nuclear program. Well, they ruined that excuse (and it was getting a bit old) by blowing up a few nuclear bombs and telling the world that they did it. Lastly, S.Korea just hosted the G20 meeting. N.Korea wasnt invited, of course, and no one has seemed interested in talking to them lately other than the Chinese. No talking...no aid...hence the bombing.

As far as the Military Minister, he was basically a scapegoat for the slow reaction of the military to return fire. It took about 15 minutes to get the go ahead to return fire and there was a bit of confusion on the S.Korean military's part on if they should and what proportion of fire should they return. Consequently, that confusion fell on the minister's head and was more to satisfy the internal media rather than any gesture to the North.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

26th Nov, 2010 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Korea South Korea North

Thanks as usual for keeping us informed as you are in the region. When the South Koreans returned fire did the North Koreans once again shell the island or did they stop?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th Dec, 2010 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Korea South Korea North

Here is the latest:

international QUOTE (CNN)
South Korea's planned live-fire military exercises in the Yellow Sea will begin Monday, the military said.

Now here is some crazy things about this:
1. Why now, just before Christmas
2. Why again, they just did some!
3. Are they looking for war?

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2010 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

North Korea vs South Korea
A Friend

With tensions remaining high in the Korean Peninsula I believe this exercise is a show of might to the North by the South and the South saying that they are not going to be cow tied to the Norths demands. I think it is going to be interesting in the next week or so. I wonder when the people of the North will wake up and understand the oppression that they are under.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Dec, 2010 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

North Korea South Korea - Page 6

On the day that there was a return of fire, N.Korea again shelled the island for a little while.

The majority of the exercises have been planned (especially the joint exercises with the US) and N.Korea had been informed of them. The exercises arent taking place near disputed areas...N.Korea just doesnt like that they are taking place at all. Now the artillery exercises may be the retaliation that the S.Korean goverment promissed after the first attack (as they have not delivered anything that had not already been promissed since the attack).

N.Korea had enjoyed the previous 2 presidents positions on their relationship, which was to give them aid, electricity, food, etc...and N.Korea gives nothing. They enjoyed it and wanted it to continue (the Sunshine Policy of S.Korea). However, this president was elected in part because S.Korea has become tired of being the only ones that seem to really want reunification and that they are tired of just being taken advantage of by the north. In the past, if N.Korea had threatened war and raised the rhetoric with the south planning some joint military exercises with the US, they likely would have been cancelled. However, the current government isn't playing that way anymore. Remember, N.Korea has already sank a S.Korean ship this year without retaliation other than no aid going over the DMZ.

Christmas means nothing in N.Korea (practice their own religion Juche) and not so much in S.Korea as the majority are still Bhuddist (S.Korea). There is nothing with timing here other than the normal shipments of payoff to the N.Koreans from various sources isn't coming in this winter and there is likely to be starvation and heating issues for the N.Korean population.

The S.Koreans are not looking for war, but at the same time, they will not be told that they cannot hold military exercises in thier own country and ocean rights. S.Korea is also still upset about the sinking of the ship earlier in the year and the bombing of the island that just happened recently. They have grown tired of trying to appease the north and have found out that supporting them is only supporting the current regime and they don't like it. They have realized that then they talk about reunification...they actually mean it, while the north uses it as a tool to get paid.

They also know that the Chinese will support N.Korea only to a certain point. The word coming out from Beijing is that they are actually really upset with N.Korea and didn't want them to take the actions they did. So they will have China's verbal support, but that is about it. So S.Korea is also doing this in a way to show N.Korea that they have very limited support in the region.

I am actually just waiting for the US to offer nuclear programs to S.Korea and Japan if they would like them as something for the N.Koreans to chew on should they keep ratchetting up the threats.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2010 - 4:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

North Korea South Korea Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Way I agree with you Vincenzo. The only thing I really wonder about is just how much nuclear technology the US has already given to the South Koreans that the general public does not realize. I know when I was over there from 83-85 and again in 88 I knew there was talk of it then. I can not tell you the source or what was said but I believe in that past 20 years I bet there has been more than just talk.

> TOPIC: North Korea vs South Korea

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,