Which Nation Started The Most Wars?

Which Nation Started Wars - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:47am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Among all the periods and eras of mankind, which one nation is best known for initiating the most wars?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 12:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Wars The Started Nation Which

IEP rates Uganda as the worst in this regard, with the US and Rwanda taking second and third place.

Of course, I think that is just rating it in regards to modern warmongering. It would be interesting to learn how other nations through history stack up in this regard.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which Nation Started The Most Wars? History & Civil Business Politics

Any way you look at is never good to start a war. Granted it may have seemed like a good idea back then but no one has really won at warfare. Modern times it is even more so. Yes many countries have started wars. Why even keep track?

31st Mar, 2017 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

I was going to say the Roman Empire although the Huns might have beaten them at that.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that this is misleading. It makes the US out to be a warmonger. I do not agree with all the wars we have gotten ourselves into but I don't feel we should be at the top like this. I would go with which nation caused more devastation in war than others. I'm looking at Germany here. World War 2 by itself is enough to top my list for all time.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Well, ask a question and get an answer. We have started a lot of wars, there is no denying that.

Which nation has caused more devastation/death would be a worthwhile question, but one will have a tricky time defining which participants are responsible for the devastation that occurs.

You might also ask what nation has initiated the most conflicts without good reason, but what constitutes a good reason is going to be highly contentious.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which Nation Started The Wars

I'm with William on this. They (Rome) were an empire for 1000 years. They started a tremendous number of wars during their expansion and throughout their heydays. If we count the 1000 years more of the Eastern Roman Empire, who some incorrectly call the Byzantine Empire then there is absolutely no comparison with probably any two countries. I'm guessing that England comes in second during their growth phase and Spain may be up there too.

And I agree with Kyrroeth, this is misleading. I'm sure they consider something like Desert Storm a war we started. I was in Kuwait when we liberated it, we didn't start that war. Now, we did start a heck of a lot of conflicts with Native Americans, but some of those wars were barely battles.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:49am

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2017 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which Nation Started The Wars Politics Business Civil & History

Yeah, I think the only real consensus we'll be able to draw here is that this is the wrong question, or at least the question needs to be better defined.

For instance, in regards to the 116 years of near constant conflict between England and France (Often called the hundred years war). Do we count all of hat as one war, or many?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Which Nation Started The Most Wars?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,