Speed: Firefighter vs Medieval Knight vs Modern Soldier

- Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Apr, 2017 - 5:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Video Available
5th Apr, 2017 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

If you did a speed test using a Firefighter vs Medieval Knight vs Modern Soldier who would win? What about with and without gear? Someone put this to the test:

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3217 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Soldier Modern Knight Medieval Firefighter Speed

Yeah, the soldier was slowed way down doing the low crawl under wire with a pack on his back. Normally we would jettison that and come back for it later… but that wouldn't have worked for this test. Also, I would venture to say there could be a huge difference depending on the unit the soldier came from. A soldier from a mechanized unit, although they still train for this, don't do it as much as a soldier from say the 10th Mountain Division or the 82nd Airborne Division, who walk everywhere they go and have very few vehicles in their units. They, in turn, would not be as fast as Army Rangers or Special Forces, who train for this virtually every day. All that said, the firefighter trains for this every day as well and this is roughly the outcome I expected… with the change I thought the soldier would beat the night.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2017 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Speed: Firefighter vs Medieval Knight vs Modern Soldier History & Civil Business Politics

I would have liked to see how each one did if the age was a bit closer. And with people who were better trained with some of the stuff. I know as a soldier any time I had to go through something low like the crawl the pack came off and was in front of me. I think it was a nice test none the less.

5th Apr, 2017 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Soldier Modern Knight Medieval Firefighter Speed

Very interesting. I think the age, height and fitness all add a +/- to the end result but I guess the main thing here is to show that medieval knights were quick and not as slow as portrayed in movies. I felt that each person should have had their tool, sword, axe and rifle.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

> TOPIC: Speed: Firefighter vs Medieval Knight vs Modern Soldier

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,