Overbooked Flights - Page 2 of 2

Yes, agreed. They shouldn't have let - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Should you give up your seat?
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Overbooked Flights
A Friend

Overbooked Flights - Page 2

There is a very big reason why I do not fly United. When I was flying in the military and I flew a lot I would avoid United after two bad situations with them. I fly American as much as possible anymore they have never treated me wrong or another passenger as far as I can tell.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

Overbooked Flights
A Friend

Flights Overbooked

Can't say I'm surprised none else stood up. The bystander effect is particularly strong when it is a figure of authority who is the threat.

In any case, yeah, they're going to feel the repercussions of this one for a while.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Overbooked Flights
A Friend

Overbooked Flights Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Yes, I just booked a flight a week ago to Aurora CO, well Denver actually, for work and had this happened I would haved used a different airline. And then I would have contacted United and told why I wasn't using them.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Overbooked Flights
A Friend

Page 2 Flights Overbooked

I've been keeping up with this since I've been flying a lot recently. I fly either Southwest or Delta, and am glad I didn't choose United. Luckily people's protests seem to be having an effect, considering I just read that United's shares have dropped by 6%.

11th Apr, 2017 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

Flights Overbooked

Don't forget, legally the airline can tell you to give up your seat. Giving the voucher is really optional. While we are looking at the airline we should also focus on the fact it was airport security carrying this out and not the direct airline staff.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Overbooked Flights
A Friend

Overbooked Flights

Yeah, it was security but the airline called security. And I just have a deep down dislike of how they treated a paying customer so their people could get onboard. Also, I believe the voucher is now mandated by law and there is s minimum amount. I think.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

Overbooked Flights
A Friend

Overbooked Flights - Page 2

Removing a passenger is one thing, I think the problem everyone has is HOW their security removed the guy. Beating him unconscious and slamming his head into a headrest is a little extreme. Regardless, they overbooked and airlines usually won't let you board the plane if they know they won't have seats. This is definitely on the fault of United because there are so many checks and balances that should have happened long before they got to this position.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Overbooked Flights
A Friend

Overbooked Flights Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Yes, agreed. They shouldn't have let anyone on board. Once they did and people were "Their" seats they felt ownership. That started the downhill slide. It was all United's fault from top to bottom.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Overbooked Flights

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,