Jb's Custom Built Play House

Jb' S Custom Built Play House - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Jun, 2009 - 5:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Custom Built Play House
23rd Jun, 2009 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

JB's Custom Built Play House

Here is my own design and work of a Custom Built Play House for Jonah and Seth. See the key below for an explanation of what you are looking at.

Custom Built Play House

Key

1. It stands about 6' tall and at about 8' with the roof attachment. The frame is wood and cloth makes the ceiling.
2. Ledge for stuff toys.
3. Inside they can play with toys, look out, etc.
4. Cedar strips act as a guard so they can look down safely.
5. Door to bottom part which has a back entrance.
6. A fitted ladder going up.
7. Slide

It is made with pine wood and Brazilian compressed boards. The slide has a gloss laminate on it. The slide can be dismantled from the main frame so it can be moved.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2009 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

House Play Built Custom Jbs

Looks pretty nice. You spent a lot of time on this. Did you get it as a kit or did you design and build it all yourself?

24th Jun, 2009 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Jb's Custom Built Play House Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

No kit, this is built from scratch hence I mentioned it being my own design and aptly named "JB's Custom Built Play House". It actually took several drawings to come up with the design. I took into consideration the amount of wood I had (I did not want to buy any), it had to be portable, and it had to be steady as it would not be mounted to any surface. I use long threaded gypsum screws to hold it together (3/4" to 2") - no nails.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2009 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I was not sure if you got some of the ideas from a kit or a picture of a kit. You did a great job in the building and designing of this playhouse. I think the use of screws is the best bet too. Looks like your kids will have a great time on it.

24th Jun, 2009 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Jonah loves it, Seth already loves it but he is just too young to tackle it. Felipe knows he is banned from trying to go to the top and slide so he plays with Jonah in the underneath portion which stores Jonah's toys.

Rather off topic, but...
Felipe has his own mini house too. I need to take a shot of that.

Post Date: 24th Jun, 2009 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sounds like they really have it made while they are at play. I am going to design a build a nice play house/fort for when I get grand children. I have a few ideas rolling in my head.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jun, 2009 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Oh if I had my own house and land I would go all out and make some kind of multi-story castle with dungeon, tower, and all. For now this little one will have to do.

24th Jun, 2009 - 5:39pm / Post ID: #

Jb's Custom Built Play House Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

That looks like something you would get from a box. I mean its that well built. You have many talents JB, what else can you do?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Jb's Custom Built Play House

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,