Cinder Introduction - Page 8 of 10

QUOTE (Cinder)Is it ok for us to even mention - Page 8 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 27th Jul, 2018 - 6:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Post Date: 4th Jun, 2018 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction - Page 8

Cinder, this is to inform you that your Membership Upgrade expired today and your permissions have been returned to Regular Membership. Your Membership Upgrade can be restored once the appropriate donation amount is given. See Compare or Contribute page for types of Account Upgrades.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Cinder

Hello moderators. Would it be possible to have a post deleted? It is currently the last post, at at least my last post, in 'Daishain’s 5e Dungeons & Dragons Role-playing Game Main Thread'.

I realized just after posting that I had taken an invalid action, so made a temporary edit so that no one would take my post and run with it. In the meantime, while crafting a proper post, I think I went past the time limit on editing a post. I now cannot edit the post nor make a new post as no one has posted since mine. You can see from the content of the post, "Edit: oops, have a concentration issue here, along with being stunned if I drop haste. Ignore post if you already read it, while I figure this out. ", that there is little to no value in this post.

If you would, please refresh my memory. Do we have 30 minutes to Edit?

Thank you!

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Cinder, I took care of that for you. Yes, regular members have 30 minutes to edit their posts.

Post Date: 20th Jun, 2018 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Page 8 Introduction Cinder

Thanks very much! Nice to keep the thread clear of that poor post and get the right one in so the Dungeon Master isn't waiting on me. Will keep the 30 minutes in mind next time. Thanks again!

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Cinder

Dear Support, I have questions about your recent post in Daishain's Q&A.

We have a significant enough issue in our game of players struggling to effectively track their stats and all of that kind of stuff that it brings a lot of frustration to many in the game. Veteran players are trying to give advice on how one can more easily track their stats and abilities. The issue is large enough that the Dungeon Master cannot handle it on his own. He already puts in a lot of time and effort but cannot police all posts and all rules. Can you explain to me how that discussion not relevant to our game? Resources outside of this web site are 100% required to play in this game. One cannot create a character without some sort of access to the 5e Player Hand Book, for instance. I know you say that the Dungeon Master must post resource info in the SRD, but does that mean we cannot even speak of those resources? If someone asks "Hey guys where do I find out what I get next level" we are NOT ALLOWED to answer them by referencing where to look within the 5e source material? The notion is preposterous if Dungeons & Dragons games are going to be hosted here. I understand that you don't want to have to police whether we are referring people to 'stolen' content that the publisher wouldn't want shared around the internet vs a legit site owned by the publisher such as Dungeons & Dragons Beyond. If that is the case, however, should we not be allowed to speak of the 5e Player Hand Book (A resource required to play here in one version or another) or Xanathar's Guide to Everything? Those are books released by the publisher of this game but I can't imagine you want to have to police what published books we are mentioning. Perhaps we are indeed referencing pirated versions of the printed material. Where does it end? Why do sites like Reddit and Giant in the Playground have no trouble having Dungeons & Dragons discussions and links to other places without such moderation?

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction

Hi Cinder. I can see the game has issues. We have been reading the game and the charm given out. Some of the remarks made are unfortunate. The main issue here is that the Dungeon Master of the game needs to control the direction and make the suggestions of how players are to proceed. In other words the Dungeon Master controls the game including content. This prevents the same problems you all are encountering- players using Role-playing Game threads to talk about the malfunctions of the game which is actually better suited for the game's review.

Your questions seem to be asking the same thing I have already answered. This site is not the sites you mentioned, I think you would know that by now. Content that is public and free can be linked to, but it is for the Dungeon Master to do it via the SRD. Asking people to join a site, pay money, etc is not allowed in a game even if you think it should be. If you wish to review a facility I already stated how you can do it. It is up to players who want to play Dungeons & Dragons to purchase a legal copy so they know the rules and content of the game. I hope that resolves this and the game can move on if not I will bump this up to Admin.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction - Page 8

Ok, thank you. I guess I have one more question and one last point to make.

Is it ok for us to even mention the 5e Player Handbook, such as a page number, if another player asks where we got a certain class ability or spell? With the strict nature of the rules here, I question even that as all moderators may not be certain this is a reference to a legal publication.

Lastly, and it is just my opinion of course, but I think too much is asked of the Dungeon Master here. In our case Daishain is busy with real life and already puts a lot of time and effort and acquired knowledge into our game. My opinion is such mostly because it is my understanding that all players should be welcome in all games here, at least until the maximum number of players set out by the Dungeon Master is met. There is no screening, no application process, and that potentially isn't allowed anyway, but I could be wrong there. The Dungeon Master thus has no choice, other than quitting, but to coach new players with no experience that could join at any time, or have several new players at once doing so. If keeping the game moving is a priority, what if the dungeon master gets busy in life and is barely squeezing out time to post and three rookies join? I simply feel it is asking too much and thus the veteran players who have devoted a year or two to this campaign alone should be allowed to help and should be allowed to have an opinion on what is and what isn't hurting the game.

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 8

international QUOTE (Cinder)
Is it ok for us to even mention the 5e Player Handbook, such as a page number, if another player asks where we got a certain class ability or spell?

Hi again Cinder. Of course you can mention that. Just use the quote tags as required and put the reference. It is actually the best thing to do. You should be able to even quote a line that is appropriate to your reference. For instance:

international QUOTE ( Dungeons & Dragons 5e pg 100)
Cast a spell at the right time.

To learn how to use quotes please see: Offtopic, Quotes & Other Tags

international QUOTE
There is no screening, no application process, and that potentially isn't allowed anyway, but I could be wrong there.

Yes, the Dungeon Master can decide to not let someone in a game. He/she can put a rule: "If you do not have the Dungeons & Dragons 5e handbook then do not join this game." That is the purpose of rules… to prevent an unwanted result *wink*.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Cinder Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,