Cinder Introduction - Page 9 of 10

Must have been such a good post that whatever - Page 9 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 19th Aug, 2018 - 5:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction - Page 9

I should corroborate part of this. It was and remains my decision to take anyone who can put together a character sheet, at least with a little help, and as long as space was available. I've long held to the opinion that Dungeons & Dragons ought to be inclusive, something that all should feel welcome to partake in.

I would be a liar if I claimed this policy has not caused me trouble, but on the other hand there are many excellent players who would not be with us if I didn't give newbies some leeway and assistance.

I suppose I could kick out people who haven't shown much improvement since joining, but I'd feel like a heck of a boor doing so.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th Jul, 2018 - 9:16pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Cinder

Thanks Daishain. I would tend to lean towards having similar thoughts on Dungeons & Dragons being inclusive. I also think it requires a minimum level of effort on each player's part to participate; a commitment, if you will. In my opinion it is not fair to the Dungeon Master or other players in any game if some players never make any effort to learn the very basics of the game or their class. I'm not talking about brand new players, I'm talking about players that have been in a game for months or more.

In our game we have players that haven't updated their character sheets since March, ran out of spell slots 3+ spells ago but keep casting away, and in general would give many fellow participants the idea that they probably have never read their class description in the PHB at all, not with any intent on truly learning it, at least. Again, I am not referring to people brand new to 5e in recent days or weeks, and I'm not referring to someone whose attack modifier might be off by 1. Unfortunately, as much as I love many other aspects of the campaign, it seems to go widely unchecked except for the veteran players policing it when they can't hold their tongues any longer. I am not one to 'cheat' as I like the challenge of solving the various types of tests the party runs into as a team and often am the first to notice and announce my own mistakes, I'd like to think at least, but I do take all of this as license to basically do whatever I want. The same rules, or lack there of, should apply to all, after all. I take this as permission to never reduce my HP despite taking damage, cast spells that are not on my class list at all, cast spells when I'm out of slots, and generally just throw my rule book in the trash, unless I need to find a cool 9th level spell to cast against Chuth next round, of course. I, of course, don't really want to do any of those things, but I'm sure you can at least understand the perspective.

So I guess I need to know, is this game still going to require people to follow the basic rules, actually read their class description, read their class spell casting rules, read spells before they cast them, and generally make and effort to learn how their class works and keep their character sheet up to date, or is all of that optional and it's kind of just a free for all 'do/cast whatever you want, roll any dice you want' loosey-goosey game that kind of looks like Dungeons & Dragons 5e? If the latter I suppose it is time for me to move on as I'm not interested in playing without at least mostly keeping to basic rules and having a minimum level of effort required (Keep your character up to date, read your class and spells, post a few times a week), and I will thank you for a lot of enjoyment playing this campaign, especially in the first year or so from Greenest to the taking of the castle is it was really very, very good.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 27th Jul, 2018 - 10:02pm

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2018 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Lets see what we can do to bring a bit of order back in shall we? I've been meaning to put my foot down on some of the problems, I'll just have to make time.

Post Date: 28th Jul, 2018 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Page 9 Introduction Cinder

Thanks Daishain, I'll try more too and meet in the middle. I do really hate that this ends up being an ask of you to put even more time into the game, as you probably shouldn't have to. sad.gif.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2018 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Cinder

Hello moderators. I think we could use an assist. A post I made several days ago has suddenly reappeared as a brand new post (30+ minutes old, that is) in "Daishain’s 5e Dungeons & Dragons Role-playing Game Main Thread". Not quite sure how that got there, but no big deal. Could we have it deleted? As of this moment it is the latest post on that thread, page 1085, and begins with "Velon hears Lia’s message and calls for the broom."

Thank you!

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2018 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction

Hi Cinder! This was done. By chance do you use multiple devices, phones or browsers to view this site?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Aug, 2018 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction - Page 9

Thank you! Yes, I use both my Macbook and iPhone to view posts on the site, and make most but not all posts on the Macbook. I know little of how that might create a glitch here or there, but figure it may be worth noting that I was not on either device at the time of the rogue post. Thanks again!

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2018 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Member + Author
[?] CPosts: 1,034
Flag Posts: 3,902
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 16.7%
[+] Gain: 1,379.41 FP
Charm: 71

Cinder Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 9

Must have been such a good post that whatever AI that controls this place thought it needed to be shared again. *laugh*.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 19th Sep, 2007 - 1:15pm
Signature:
+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Cinder Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,