Melodie the Hunter - Page 3 of 5

My Plans for the Exchequer Since wealthy men - Page 3 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 8:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
ROK II Text RPG Character 246
21st Apr, 2017 - 6:19am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie the Hunter - Page 3

The Town Guard

Not for the first time in my life, I find myself happy for my boyish appearance. It's difficult enough being a woman traveler, but I've found that many of the men on my journey make it even more troublesome. The town guard seems decent enough, but they are still men. I see the way they leer at the young ladies in town. Even though they may not act on their impulses, I often find it difficult to hide my disgust. Once again, the entire male sex has proven itself inept when the beast in their trousers is involved. Make no mistake, I appreciate the guard and all that it does for the town. I'm just overly aware of the possibly devastating effects that corruption in their ranks could have.

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2017 - 8:42am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Hunter Melodie

Familiar Description

"Veeto." As I call his name, I have to force myself to remember that the creature is just as real as I am. "Come."

Veeto descends with a grace and ease unmatched by any bird of prey, his powerful wings unmoving until the moment his talons wrap themselves around my shoulder. He enjoys this perch, although I'd had to fashion a leather bit to my tunic to keep him from scarring the skin beneath. Everything about him was majestic, from his impressive wingspan (7 feet at the last measurement) to his icy plumage. His bright green remind me of my own. As they scan the horizon, they display a depth that hints at some sort of deeper thought. I reach up to stroke his beak, and he lets out a soft cooing sound.

"What are you thinking boy? Anything up there catch your eye?" Veeto stares at me, and for a moment I begin to believe he can actually understand what I'm asking. Then he begins to pick at his speckled feathers and I remember that mystical or not, he's still a bird. I smile and run my fingers over the pendant in my pocket, its colored stones and their significance still fresh in my mind.

Red, blue, blue, green, yellow red- remember this pattern and nothing need be said. The mantra's origin is a mystery, but I do know that I woke with these words ringing in my ears. Wrapped around my wrist was a pendant, engraved with indecipherable scribbles. After holding onto the trinket for a week, I finally got around to examining it. The colors matched the rhyme. I am no scholar, but I know when I am being beckoned to do something. As I touched each stone, I felt them give way and almost lock into place. I proceeded in the order directed by the strange dream and found myself greeted by Veeto. Since then, the creature has been welcome company on patrols. When I look at him in the light, I'm reminded of the owls depicted alongside the great rulers of history. The birds signify wisdom, so perhaps my little boy is a part of my plan to rise.

22nd Apr, 2017 - 1:45am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie the Hunter Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Speaking To The Horse

"Hurt. Me hurt." This was all I could make out from the horse's first frantic whinnies. Training in Nature Speak, it seems, is only good enough to communicate the most basic thoughts. "You help?" My heart hurt for the animal. Careful to move slowly, I leaned forward and pressed my forehead to its neck. Its breathing was quick and labored.

"I'll help," I coo into the horse's coat, "But tell me what happened."

"Run. Leg hurt. Please help." Between words, the creature let out a snort. "Back leg. Step and hurt." It lifted one of its hind legs, presumably the one with the injury. Although the exact meaning behind the beast's words was unclear, it was enough to work with for now.

I circle around the horse, stopping at its side. I'd taken enough riding lessons to know that you never stand behind a horse, much less an agitated one. That's how you end up with a cracked skull. I reached down, once again avoiding jerky movements.

"I'm going to grab your leg now." I let the beast know before I lifted the afflicted limb. Nothing seemed wrong with the leg itself. As I peered at the hoof however, I immediately noticed the cause of pain. "Bastian," I ushered the man over, "I think I've found the problem."

The man rushed over, his anxiety clearly displayed in his face. As he examined the injury, his face sank. "Poor girl." He muttered under his breath. Lodged in the soft inner hoof was the head of a nail, roughly half an inch in diameter. It was caked in dried blood, as if it'd been there for a couple days at least. "I can remove this, but it'll hurt."

My job done, I backed away from the animal. "Better to hurt now and be done with it. It'll be more painful to leave it in."

Bastian wore a grim expression. "That much is true. Thank you."

22nd Apr, 2017 - 2:12am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Page 3 Hunter Melodie

Message to Advisor

Today was a training day. I've taken a break from my patrols and returned to the town. I know I spoke ill of it, but the fact is that many skilled teachers live here. I've begun my studies in magic and the possibilities it provides in relation to my goals. Intellectual pursuits have been my most recent focus, as this seems to be the area I am most lacking in.

On a more random note, I've discovered that I have quite the affinity for animals. One of Bastian's horses injured itself while running, and I played an instrumental role in discovering its malady (Thanks to my Nature Speak). I discover new things every day, and it seems that my training is helping me to realize more about myself than I originally anticipated.

23rd Apr, 2017 - 2:45am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Hunter Melodie

Thoughts on the Chancellor

I've never had the luxury of meeting the Chancellor in person, but from what I've heard I'm not sure I'd want to. The man has at least a dozen guards that will gut any man that tries to see him without the proper protocols. I can only assume that my rugged appearance and manner of speech would earn his contempt. One day our paths will cross, but it will be on my own terms. Let's see if all the man's refinement and etiquette help him not to squirm when I address him with my army.

23rd Apr, 2017 - 3:00am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie the Hunter

Message to Advisor

I have a couple new scars to show you next time I'm in town, Ros. It's all the damn ants- no matter how many times I hit them, they just won't die. The last one struck me down as I was trying to run away (I figure better to live a coward than die brave), catching me across the shoulder. Some of the men pulled me away, but the damage was already done.

Strangely enough, near-death experiences aren't as shocking as they once were. The strange apparition came to me, told me to visit the mystic, same old spiel he's given the last two times. I suppose I should try to avoid him from here on out, eh?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Apr, 2017 - 6:05am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie Hunter - Page 3

Relation Description

He was tall, even by my standards. As I passed by the man on patrols, I couldn't help but notice that the top of my head barely reached his chin. This was unsettling at first, but very soon became one of the things that drew me to him. I found myself dreaming about curling up beside him as he watched the fire at night, leaning into his athletic frame. Normally I'd shove off thoughts of romance, dismissing them as the fantasies of a naive little girl. But there was something about his crooked smile that mesmerized me. When it appears, his dark eyes squint up into little slits, deep-set lines marking his face at their edges. He smiles often, much to my delight.

The nonchalant way the man runs a hand through his soot-colored hair as he stands watch is enough to make any of the girls in town swoon. He has a swagger to his gait that most others spend their lives trying to perfect. It displays strength in the size of his steps, yet communicates refinement in his leisurely pace. His charming looks and demeanor are enough to make me second guess my opinion on the entire male sex. Sometimes, it's difficult even to convince myself to watch him from a distance. I want to get a closer look at this enigma. Once I do, maybe I'll find that I'm no longer content to simply watch him.

23rd Apr, 2017 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie Hunter Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 3

My Plans for the Exchequer

Since wealthy men seem to make enemies quicker than allies, it's best to avoid constructing any visible weaknesses in the structure. This includes grandiose windows and archways facing the town. That is not to say that the estate cannot be luxurious. On the northern boundary of the property will be gardens to rival the Ruler of Kings's own. The building itself will be constructed of imported brick, displaying the importance of its inhabitants. A large sitting room will serve as the primary space for business transactions. Attached to the abode will be a single tower, at least 100 steps up. Although the trek up will prove tiresome, the privacy this structure provides will be optimal for more secretive matters. It may even be an adequate space for Charles's more "personal" affairs.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Melodie the Hunter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,