Building A Character Around Yourself - Page 4 of 9

That would be fine too. If we wish to do this - Page 4 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »
14th Apr, 2017 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Building A Character Around Yourself - Page 4

No, I'm not in with this, I have enough with ROK II and your 3.5 but I just wanted to point out the reality of all, that your stats will be inflated. You might see yourself as charismatic but others might be shocked about how you see yourself, or maybe they won't. *laugh*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2017 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Building A Character Around Yourself
A Friend

Yourself Character Building

Catch there is that none of us have the context to rate anything other than mental attributes of each other, and even those will be badly distorted.

For instance, if you knew me, I suspect you'd rate my Charisma as being noticeably lower than you would Daishain's, as among other things wordplay comes to me a lot more easily by text than word of mouth.

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building A Character Around Yourself Reviews RPG & Card Board

I do think the stats on the site we used were a little inflated, but if we were to do a game like it, it would be for fun. It's not necessary for our stats to be 100% accurate to real-life. At some point the characters of ourselves will level up and then they definitely won't resemble reality.

I don't think any of us knows each other *really* well enough to give an accurate stat description anyway. I am too new here for anybody to have an idea of who I am as a person. I also believe that when it comes to human ability, a person who is put into a life-threatening situation may be physically stronger, more adept, or have quicker reaction times due to the release of adrenaline and other hormones within the brain. There are plenty of stories of mothers who have done absolutely amazing things when the life of their child is at risk, things they wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. Humans are amazing creatures of adaptation.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Yourself Character Building

I think if we are serious about giving this a try means we find a Dungeon Master first. Instead of voting for an edition we find a Dungeon Master and play the version they know how to run. We have enough of a group already to run a fun game. Anyone up for Dungeon Master'ing a game in whatever version of Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder that you prefer? I think this could be a great time.

You are correct Nightlain. We don't know each other well enough to accurately rate each other. Rating ourselves we will be off some due to human nature. All we can do is make it as close as possible and go with it.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:36pm

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yourself Character Building

I could do it but my character would have to be a NPC. But that is fine with me as He is a actual character of very high level *smile* I think he is a level 18 fighter in the 3.5 version.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

So one thing, someone asked if we all have to be human. I think the answer to that is we can be whatever we want as long as we go with our stats. Sure, we aren't elves, halflings, or dwarves but as long as we stick to the stats and play 'ourselves' we should be good.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building Character Yourself - Page 4

I think that is a good point Ninja. When we are magically teleported to another world we could be changed into other races. Our stats should still reflect us and we should be a gnome etc version of us.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building Character Yourself Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 4

That would be fine too. If we wish to do this how many people are in? I can start a separate thread for it but want to know who all is in.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (9) »

> TOPIC: Building A Character Around Yourself

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,