Building A Character Around Yourself - Page 5 of 9

Being a good shot would make it 14-16 but - Page 5 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 15th Apr, 2017 - 3:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

Building A Character Around Yourself
A Friend

Building A Character Around Yourself - Page 5

I'm in. What level do we start at?

As inspiration… Perhaps you could have us sucked through whatever devices we're using and we end up in this alternate reality. Or, Dungeons & Dragons can be something a great Mage uses to assess the skills of players, searching for s team that can take on a great quest or end an evil overtaking the world. Just some random thoughts.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yourself Character Building

As to who all is in, it looks like we have myself, Abnninja, Kyrroeth, Nightlain and Kntoran. I bet we can find a few more once an official page is made.

Not a bad start, especially since most of the group are rather dedicated players.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building A Character Around Yourself Reviews RPG & Card Board

If I will be the Dungeon Master I will only have a character in as a NPC He is quite interesting right now. Maybe you meet him from being warped into the realm he is in at his stronghold.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Yourself Character Building

All right, so what shall be our story premise? Thinking of using the same world as your other 3.5e game?

Come to think of it, what of the issue of character death? Normally a player could make a new character and come back, but in this case that gets rather awkward, and I'd rather not be told that I just can't participate any more.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Apr, 2017 - 2:37pm

15th Apr, 2017 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Yourself Character Building

Wow, I started something here but wasn't expecting a whole game out of it good luck with that but instead of making a new game why not incorporate them into your current AD&D game?

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Character death we can talk about if it comes up. As far as starting level you would have to start as 1st level characters as you never have been or experienced anything like this before. You will be yourself and what you would do in such a situation. Plan your characters accordingly. I will start a new thread.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building Character Yourself - Page 5

Right then, assessing stats, under the premise established and using the earlier link.

Strength 15: Former HS american football lineman, the strongest on my team, still have most of the muscles. These bulky calves get a little annoying at times actually.
Dexterity 8-14: Having trouble rating this one. I am a rather good shot, with guns and bows, which is the metric used by the guideline earlier posted. I can even claim to be decent with the former in simulated combat situations rather than just shooting a target (Talking about airsoft here, not video games, and I often played with US marines in a designated marksman role) However, I am quite bad at other dexterity related tasks, matters of agility in particular.
Constitution 14: Never get sick, fair amount of endurance, etc.
Intelligence 18: My mind is my greatest asset in life, I've always been excellent at puzzles, and I design machines for a living, taking nebulous concepts and putting them into a form that can be fabricated.
Wisdom 10: Could be higher or lower depending on when one rates it. I alternate between flashes of insight and being rather clueless when it comes to this kind of thinking
Charisma 8: probably was a 4-6 for most of my life, in preschool, my teacher thought I was mute. It wasn't until I was 25 that I stopped feeling panic at the thought of being forced into socializing. These days I tend to be eloquent but awkward.

Could use some input on rating, especially for the Dexterity. I'm thinking of leaving it at a 10.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Apr, 2017 - 3:38pm

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Building Character Yourself Board Card & RPG Reviews - Page 5

Being a good shot would make it 14-16 but your other bad dexterity things would drop it some I would say 11. Charisma I would say 9-10 your choice. Wisdom with a 18 intelligence I would say 12 Otherwise I say you are good.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Building A Character Around Yourself

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,