3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 17 of 42

Yet it shows that the bonus spells are added - Page 17 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 42 pgs.  13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ...Latest (42) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Create your Character here. Your Character is based on your real life stats. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 17

A first level bard knows exactly 0 1st level spells. As a divine bard, your Wisdom gives you extra slots with which to cast things, but not additional known spells. Your Charisma does nothing in this regard.

However, one of the other effects of the Divine Bard variant is: "Add the following spells to the divine bard's class spell list: 0 — create water, cure minor wounds", among several other extra spells.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:12pm

Sponsored Links:
29th Jun, 2017 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

Sorry, I guess that I meant Wisdom which is also 13. Again, it I look it up it shows that it gives "Bonus spells" not bonus spell slots. In this case if you have a score pf 12-13 which gives a bonus 1st level spell.

You are right with cure minor wounds, for some reason I couldn't find that when I checked previously. Perhaps I can pick both and have some focus on healing as a class.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:27pm

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

You as a divine bard gets bonus spells at to your charisma score. The same bonus as that of a cleric with high wisdom you get with a high charisma as a bard. You just do not get bardic knowledge as a skill since you are more divine instead of arcane.

29th Jun, 2017 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Page 17 Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

Wait, where does it say I lose bardic knowledge?
-

international QUOTE
Divine Bard
Not all bards are arcanists; some derive their special powers from a divine tradition. In many primitive cultures, the divine bard takes the place of the cleric or the adept as the guide of the people's religious beliefs.
Class Features
The divine bard has all the standard bard class features, except as noted below.
Spellcasting
A divine bard learns and casts spells as a normal bard, with some minor exceptions. A divine bard's spells are divine spells, not arcane spells. To learn or cast a spell, a divine bard must have a Wisdom score (Not Charisma score) equal to at least 10 + the spell level. All other Spellcasting factors, including bonus spells and save DCs, are still determined using the divine bard's Charisma score.

Like druids, paladins, and rangers, divine bards need not designate a specific deity as the source of their spells. However, a divine bard can't cast spells of an alignment that doesn't match his. Thus, divine bards cannot cast lawful spells (Since bards can't be lawful). Neutral divine bards can't cast any spells associated with an alignment (And are thus relatively rare).

Add the following spells to the divine bard's class spell list: 0—create water, cure minor wounds; 1st—detect evil/good/law, protection from evil/good/law; 2nd—consecrate, desecrate, gentle repose; 3rd—magic circle against evil/good/law, prayer; 4th—remove disease, speak with dead, sending; 5th—divination, restoration; 6th—commune, hallow, unhallow, raise dead.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:32pm

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

What I described is the standard for prepared spellcasters. Trust me, I spend enough time trying to get around the spells known restriction on my sorcerer.

The relevant text from the bard page: "Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a bard knows is not affected by his Charisma score; the numbers on Table: Bard Spells Known are fixed." Source 1r

For level 1, the table referenced by the previous text lets you know 4 level 0 spells, and that's it. Level two grants knowledge of 5 level 0 spells, and 2 level 1 spells.

29th Jun, 2017 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

The Storyteller says...

This seems to disagree with your statement, from the very link you offered. Even the Spells Known table shows that they do gain bonus spells based on their casting stat:

international QUOTE
Like other spellcasters, a bard can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Bard. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score. When Table: Bard Spells Known indicates that the bard gets 0 spells per day of a given spell level, he gains only the bonus spells he would be entitled to based on his Charisma score for that spell level.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:44pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation - Page 17

"Per Day" is the operative term there. That passage references how often the bard in question gets to cast the spells he knows.

You need to scroll down a bit from there to find where it starts talking about his actual spells known list.

Sorry to argue against you being able to do stuff, but this is an important distinction to understand.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:53pm

29th Jun, 2017 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 17

The Storyteller says...

Yet it shows that the bonus spells are added to the class' Spells Known, shows this right on the table. How is it that you are not seeing this, what else could the table be showing except this?

Sighs though I admit we may simply be reading the same details differently. Still, from what I am reading and seeing that is what is shown. It is a bonus spell that the caster can know and be able to cast.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:57pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.