3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 18 of 42

Wish I could help there, other than cloistered - Page 18 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Jun, 2017 - 1:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 42 pgs.  14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  ...Latest (42) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Create your Character here. Your Character is based on your real life stats. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 18

Ok here is what I am going by and this is the one we will be using.

Not all bards are arcanists; some derive their special powers from a divine tradition. In many primitive cultures, the divine bard takes the place of the cleric or the adept as the guide of the people’s religious beliefs. Some civilized cultures have developed the singing of hymns and chants to true excellence, but divine bards are usually subservient to clerics in civilized churches.

A divine bard lacks the normal bards interest in folklore; instead of learning rousing songs that play upon the listener's sentiment, the divine bard sings the praise of his deity or ideals. This limits the power of their music to those who respect those ideals. In return, the divine bard gains domain powers, the ability to prepare spells from the full spell list, and some additional skills.

Alignment

If a divine bard has a patron, his alignment must be within one step of his patron's alignment. A divine bard without a patron cannot be lawful, just like a regular bard.

Class Features

The divine bard has all the standard bard class features, except as noted below.

Armor and Weapon proficiency

A divine bard is proficient with simple weapons and light armor. As a divine spellcaster, a divine bard can cast spells in armor.

A divine bard who chooses the War domain receives the Weapon Focus feat related to his deity’s weapon as a bonus feat. He also receives the appropriate Martial Weapon Proficiency feat as a bonus feat, if the weapon falls into that category.

Class Skills

The divine bard’s class skills (And the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Charisma), Gather Information (Charisma), Knowledge (Arcana) (Int), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Knowledge (The Planes) (Int), Listen (Wisdom), Perform (Charisma), Profession (Wisdom), Sense Motive (Wisdom), Speak Language (Int), and Spellcraft (Int).

Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Bardic Knowledge

The divine bard does not have bardic knowledge.

Bardic Music

A divine bard cannot use bardic music on a creature of an opposing alignment, either for weal or woe. Praising a lawful good deity in song simply does nothing to a chaotic or evil listener. A neutral divine bard can affect listeners of any alignment.

Spellcasting

A divine bard casts divine spells, which are drawn from the bard spell list. However, his alignment may restrict him from casting certain spells opposed to his moral or ethical beliefs; a divine bard can't cast spells of an alignment that doesn't match his. Neutral divine bards can't cast any spells associated with an alignment (But gain a benefit on their bardic music). A divine bard must choose and prepare his spells in advance (See below).

To prepare or cast a spell, a divine bard must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a divine bard's spell is 10 + the spell level + the divine bard's Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a divine bard can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Bard. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score. A divine bard does not gain any special domain spell slots and prepares domain spells in his normal spell slots.

Divine bards meditate or pray for their spells. Each divine bard must choose a time at which he must spend 1 hour each day in quiet contemplation or supplication to regain his daily allotment of spells. Time spent resting has no effect on whether a divine bard can prepare spells. A divine bard may prepare and cast any spell on the bard spell list, provided that he can cast spells of that level, but he must choose which spells to prepare during his daily meditation. Unlike a cleric, a divine bard cannot substitute for cure spells.

Add the following spells to the divine bard’s class spell list: 0 — create water, cure minor wounds; 1st — detect evil/good/law, faith healing, protection from chaos/evil/good/law; 2nd — consecrate, desecrate, gentle repose; 3rd - hand of the faithful, magic circle against chaos/evil/good/law, prayer; 4th — recitation, remove disease, speak with dead, sending; 5th — divination, panacea, restoration; 6th — commune, hallow, unhallow, raise dead.

Deity, Domains, and Domain Spells

A divine bard's deity influences his alignment, what magic he can perform, his values, and how others see him. A divine bard chooses two domains from among those belonging to his deity. A divine bard can select an alignment domain (Chaos, Evil, Good, or Law) only if his alignment matches that domain.

If a divine bard is not devoted to a particular deity, he still selects two domains to represent his spiritual inclinations and abilities. The restriction on alignment domains still applies.

Each domain gives the divine bard access to a domain spell at each spell level he can cast, from 1st on up, as well as a granted power. The divine bard gets the granted powers of both the domains selected.

Sponsored Links:
29th Jun, 2017 - 5:06pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

May I request we go with the official version of Divine Bard from Unearthed Arcana, page 50? I have no idea where the one you're showing originally came from, but it is the incorrect version.

I feel the version above is unfair in taking away so many features and makes a feat I took useless. That and I am not interested in roleplay as a bard with access to a domain. If I would have know you were going with a different version then the official version I wouldn't have take it, because bardic knowledge is very much a necessary feature for me when roleplaying as a Bard. More, the official version saw no reason to take such away.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jun, 2017 - 5:32pm

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Some of the wording is poorly done. I agree that it looks like you won't know any first level spells. The bonus from charisma only applies to the level of spells he can cast which is 0-level. If he can get first level spells due to his bonus then why can't he get 2nd or 3rd level spells etc? They are 0 as well.

29th Jun, 2017 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Page 18 Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

Well if that is the case for spells, then I guess that I will have to go with this:
Cantrips: dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, cure minor wounds.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

When I get home I will double check the unearthed arcana and go from there. It has been a while since anyone played a divine bard. I will adjust as I relook it over later.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

After reading over the unearthed arcane on divine bard I am keeping to my post above. I think the unearthed arcane does not go into as much detail and what I posted gives the class more depth.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Jun, 2017 - 1:35am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation - Page 18

The Storyteller says...

Sighs, then I guess we've hit into an issue. I do not want to give up Bardic Knowledge, and I while wanted to go with the more divine flavor I don't want to sacrifice that much to have it.

I'd much rather go with a regular Bard if it means being able to keep Bardic Knowledge rather than giving it up.

This also means there's been a miscommunication because when I spoke of the Divine Bard I specifically meant the one from the Unearthed Arcana. So my apologies for not being clear.

The only way I can see it working is if I were to find a domain that gave the equivalent of bardic knowledge, or a decent substitute.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 30th Jun, 2017 - 1:49am

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 18

Wish I could help there, other than cloistered cleric and a couple of PrCs, the only other way I can think of to get BK is a feat, which requires the dragonblood subtype, and Int 19...

Well, that is unless Kn would consider allowing a little Pathfinder material importing, but that seems unlikely.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Jun, 2017 - 2:03am

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.