3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 21 of 42

Daishan, I'll go with 14, since it's - Page 21 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Oct, 2017 - 9:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 42 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (42) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Create your Character here. Your Character is based on your real life stats. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 21

No, you haven't. Editing status just means you have a chance to keep editing the character, not that it is accepted. Let me try this again. In neither of these 3.5e games do you get to pick your own stats

To get started in THIS game. You need to describe yourself as you are in real life, the Dungeon Master and your fellow players will help judge where your starting stats should be based on your real life physical and mental attributes, and help find a class that reflects who you are. Check Thomas' entry on page 6 of this thread for an example.

To get started in the OTHER game, you need to use the forum's embedded dice roller to randomly generate your stats. If you click on the add reply button, that tool is located under the text entry box.

What you need to roll:
-4d6 drop the lowest result and add together, do this six times to generate base stats.
-two d100 rolls for height and weight
-a d20 for hair color
-a d12 for eye color
-5d4 times 10 for starting gold.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Sep, 2017 - 12:23pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

As you can see Daishain has told you the same things I have told you. IF you wish to be a part of this game or my other 3.5 game you need to follow the rules that I have stated for you to do. IF you still think you will be able to be approved with the characters you have set them you are mistaken.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The rolls are what you need for Kn's other game. (And you need five more of the 4d6 rolls for that)

For this game, you are not rolling, and instead need to describe yourself in simple terms. Your real life profession, skills, hobbies, etc.

For stats you need to make a statement about things like how much you can lift or push, how nimble your fingers are, etc.

Rather off topic, but...
Use the following link as a guideline, but don't just give us a number, describe yourself in regards to each stat. Source 4l

Please be as honest with yourself and us as you can.

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 21 Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Okay, I've been putting off joining this game, mainly because I don't care for mixing 5e rules and 3.5 rules while playing multiple games, but in my reading I find it interesting to try again. I've done similar gaming decades ago, as a teenager, and it was fun! Here goes:
I have always been stronger than anyone I know, and people recognize this when I handily lift and haul and drag equipment that is usually marked (2 people carry).
I also have generally superior reflexes, reacting typically faster than an average person, catching flies in flight, reactions for thrown objects and catching them, etc. Mostly because a dad of four kids has to be fast, some times! *laugh*.
I am definitely an average for constitution with regards to disease, as young children bring home all manner of colds, flus, etc. And it takes me a normal amount time to get over them. I have been scarred and injured in minor ways, over my life, mostly because I don't feel pain as others do, as my TKD instructors have commented on often, when they try pressure points and pain holds on me, and I have no real need to react to their attempts. I usually cut or injure my skin and don't notice it until minutes after the event, while working.
I am a logical thinker, able to diagnose and solve problems faster and more intuitively than my coworkers, whether because of experience or just quick-thinking. I am a CTO in a national network engineering computer services company, and I have been working with computers for over 39 years, since I was in grade 7. I have worked on mechanical project, such as cars, power systems, as well as construction, electronics repair, alternative energy systems, wood working, metal working and many other trades. I have an active willingness to try my hand at any task I need to, except for anything that may put my life or others at risk.
While not the tops in wise choices, I would put myself at least average, as I have raised(And still raising!) four children - ages 18,16,12 and 4 - and I am better than well off, with good standing with regards to finances and such. I would certainly put my wife as wiser than I.
Charisma is a harder thing for me to define. When I was young, I was the stereotypical geek - smart, top grades, bullied, etc. Shy and very introverted, my days were spent reading and writing more than socializing, although I always had a gaming group that I'd regularly play with. These days, at 51, I cn usually attract attention without a lot of effort, being able to speak on any topic, clearly and with energy, since I regularly run instruction classes with clients and educate fellow technicians concisely. I also seem to have an effect on others of the opposite sex, having to be very careful of what I say to them, as I've been propositioned a few times. This more likely comes from being well-spoken and friendly, but I'm not sure.
Life Experiences:
I spent some minor time in the military, but found I could not take orders from anyone I didn't respect. I was an excellent shot, both with a rifle and with a bow, but I'm not sure how I would do these days with a rifle. I still practice archery as a casual sport. I take TaeKwonDo for exercise and knowledge, and have achieved blue rank (5) casually. Even my instructor has said "I wouldn't want to meet you in dark alley" with regard to my abilities. I am an avid researcher of many topics, able to read, absorb produce valid results at very high speed, which is a boon to my job.
I still regularly LARP, even at my age, and have a blast while doing so!
I am an active supporter of alternative energy, having solar panels on my lake property and driving an EV daily. I believe that with solid support of our government, we can be completely off oil-based fuels in a very short time, but that is a bit of a pipe dream, as greed at all levels is a difficult force to defeat.
I have researched all manner of religions in details, trying to find one that matched my own philosophies, and became Jewish after marrying my wife. I believe in God as a parent, one that has let their child leave their control and learn and grow on their own.
I am always curious and love to figure things out, learning is a never-ending process for me. I will research in detail any topic that strikes my interest, developing a position and/or opinion only after thoroughly examine as many sides as I can. I have changed my opinions once presented with compelling data or proof and I always prefer to keep emotional content out of any discussion, bringing facts and solid data to the table, rather than anecdotes or emotional 'beliefs', when supporting my stances.

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Nice, very nice.

Especially given that I've recently started the process of going all conneticut yankee in the game, I have plans for simple electric motors in the works. It sounds like you know more of current regulation than I do, which is the big problem I was facing.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Oct, 2017 - 5:50pm

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ok since he is interested guys give me what you think his initial stats should be.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation - Page 21

Okay, so, initial impressions based on the descriptions given:

Strength 14 (Unless you have a better example, by OSHA standards, the weight to earn a 2 man lift tag is only 50 pounds)
Dexterity 14
Con 12
Int 18 (Chief Tech Officer for any engineering firm is a very impressive feat)
Wisdom 12
Charisma 12 (Being able to speak is somewhat the minimum, its getting them to listen when they don't have to that's the real marker. Do you have an example of that?).

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2017 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 21

Daishan,
I'll go with 14, since it's such a hard judge sometimes. Throwing 100lb servers (Or 60lb squirming kids) on my shoulder and walking up a couple flights of stairs without much issue comes to mind, if that helps.
As far as Charisma goes, as I said, it's hard to tell from my PoV what to put there, so I'll go with whatever gets agreed to.
Also, as a side note, I'm very experienced in survival skills, able to find water in sparse climates, make fire from minimal materials, and wilderness camping as a regular sport for me and my kids.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 17th Oct, 2017 - 10:17pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.