3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 9 of 42

Smiles, before laughing at what had been mentioned. - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th May, 2017 - 3:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 42 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (42) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Create your Character here. Your Character is based on your real life stats. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 8:16am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 9

Allen,

Great, I think that's a great idea. Plus, two flaws may be too much anyway. Some of us took a flaw but only one. KN may not allow two flaws.

Thomas, that is an apt flaw for you. Good pick sir.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Ok first off I do not see you as a Dragon Shaman so that is off the table. As a monk you will still have to be a lawful alignment. From the more and more of what you are saying I can see you as a Paladin in some ways Allen. The flaw of merciful can work and as it can put you at odds with the rest at times I am sure it can be quite interesting on how it all plays out. Final stats for Allen's character is as follows: Strength: 12; Dexterity: 15; Constitution: 13; Intelligence: 13; Wisdom: 13; Charisma: 10.

Thomas We will work on your character here soon. What do the rest of you feel about Thomas's character stats?

27th May, 2017 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Storyteller says...

KNtoran, I can offer that I don't think Allen is really Lawful or at least it wouldn't be an alignment that he would embrace. He has make it pretty clear in conversation that he feels lawful is too restrictive and while he may have something of a personal code in some areas he chaffs on being told what he can or cannot do. That he has to act or behave in a certain way. Perhaps a Neutral at most, but not Lawful.

A Paladin would also not be a good choice, as Allen sees that class as the most restrictive at all and even as more an impossible standard. He has said that he feels it would be the hardest class to roleplay in discussion. A sentiment I do not agree with, but Paladins has always been a subject of debate for many in how they would work, how restrictive their alignment, and even what would cause them to fall from grace. There would be aspects I feel which might be too much a problem, but perhaps I am simply being too concerned on this.

That, and he simply wouldn't enjoy roleplaying as Lawful character. At least he has said as much, so I could see that as a likely deal breaker since he wouldn't see it as true to himself. While we can advise and make suggestions, ultimately it will be up to him to feel whether or not something fits. What would be true to his inner self as it were, if that makes sense.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 3:52pm

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Well then a monk is off the table. I have a few ideas that are roaming about in my head that we can work out something that suits him like a fighting priest that uses no armor as it is restricting. Let me think about this one. What do you see yourself playing Thomas?

27th May, 2017 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

Thanks for understanding, I will let Allen know.
----

Well a Bard ultimately, at least to some extent. I have always had a fondness for the class, and have felt it is the one class I can play most naturally. Especially with my love of reading, writing, and of storytelling. Of having the knowledge of stories past, of history, legends, and folklore. Even interest in other religions, gods, and mythology though I have my own faith.

Music might be a bit hard to justify, or even singing, but I did play the clarinet in high school and enjoy singing. I feel I am decent in such, and have even been in a few choirs so I could at least have a basic start in such. I do also have a love of music, if that is anything to go off of. More I have always had the desire to grow in my ability to song and in playing different instruments, especially the violin and piano, so there would be that drive moving forward.

That, and I feel a Bard would be best class to express my creative outlet, with the idea of learning magic to bring stories to life and bardic performances to inspire my allies. To encourage and remind of the heroes that have come before.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 3:08pm

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Rather than trying to jerry rig another class to fit, would it not be simplest to just change the monk's alignment restriction? Pathfinder had a bunch of ways to remove/change said restriction if you want something of a precedent.

I also have to ask, what made you reject Dragon Shaman out of hand like that? He seems the type to devote themselves to such a magnificent creature to me, and it certainly isn't an overpowered choice.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th May, 2017 - 3:10pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation - Page 9

I dislike the dragon shaman due to the breath weapon. Unless he has serious bad breath I do not see someone from our world having this ability or developing this ability right off the bat. I am looking into something similar to a monk but one that does not have the lawful requirement.

27th May, 2017 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

The Storyteller says...

Smiles, before laughing at what had been mentioned. Actually, he does have, in all honesty, seriously bad breath though if this is simply from not brushing like he should is unknown. As such, in this detail, it works if unintentionally so. Still, very amusing none the less.

Still, we could simply put a delay on the Breath Weapon.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 3:18pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.