3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 202 of 616

Lord Douglas listens to your thoughts and - Page 202 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Sep, 2017 - 11:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 616 pgs.  198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 202

I have a good idea of what you are wanting and we will see about it once you meet with the Lord.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I spend the first evening working with my new apprentice on basic terminology and safety. From there, I talk about the process Thomas' breastplate undergoes, and how all of it has a purpose, from the techniques used to the shape of the item. I promise to start practical exercises the next night.

The next morning however, I gather my documents and head to the arranged meeting with Lord Douglas. When everyone arrives, I get started, "Good morning sir, I asked for this audience for a number of reasons. Perhaps the most important is that I have a number of ideas to improve lives in your settlement, but it will require effort and time to begin in earnest."

I hand a sheaf of papers off to him. On it are mostly completed diagrams of an electric generator, a train, and a Bessemer forge.

Out of Character: For reference, a Bessemer forge allows for large scale high efficiency production of quality steel. In a very real sense, that design built our modern cities.

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Douglas listens to your proposal as well as what Lywenta has told him of your building. He looks to you. "I have no issues with your building I will have it raised to the north of the strong hold here close to the large creek or small river. I think if you wish electricity I will say no to that as it is a dangerous technology that can harm a lot of nature. This is why I am building your building by the water so you can use water power if you wish to turn your tools or help you with your work. As far as the forge can it be set up so it uses water power too? A train we can figure out something that works on a power that has nothing to do with fossil fuels. Otherwise We will have to forgo that.

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 202 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I pipe up, "Lord Douglas, I am in agreement with you about everything. I fear for this land. I already expressed my concern to my friend here. But you said one thing that caught my attention. Something I didn't consider before. The water from the river can be used for power generation, for electricity. Hydro power is clean power. Hell, Jason may even be able to design some type of wind turbine for power. That too would be clean power. They are doing a lot of this back on Earth now due to a phenomena known as global warming. We can talk about that little issue at your leisure." Then I realize I'm really talking about things I only have minimal knowledge about and I redden a bit and shut up.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 18th Sep, 2017 - 8:35pm

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"My lord, I presume that fossil fuels are your principle objection to electricity? If so, be assured that I intend to skip reliance on such fuels entirely. I had intended to start with water and wind power, and when that gets strained, there are a large number of magic items that can be re-purposed to run a turbine essentially for free after the initial cost to craft them. If the tech I have in mind is released first, there would never be economic incentive to burn coal or oil for power generation, unlike in our original world. The generators I have in mind would always be a cheaper investment."

"Running the forge without electricity would be very difficult, if possible at all. We are talking about a cauldron that weighs multiple tons even when empty, must be rotated during its cycle, and whose contents needs to reach a temperature of over 1,600 centigrade."

"As to the train, maybe, I can look into it."

"There are, as always, a few catches. I'm a Mechhead, not a Sparky. The principles behind an AC generator and its motor counterpart are almost absurdly simple. But it is current regulation, distribution and storage that is the real trick, and I only have a basic grasp on those principles. I suspect it would be a decade or so before I can figure out how to perform a task as delicate as, say, recharging Thomas' computer. A century before we could start creating computing devices. And in both cases, those dates assume I have a team of bright people helping me with the guesswork."

"All in all, I'm not trying to change this world overnight. What I hope is to start a long term process that will bring some of the best aspects of the society we know while abandoning the worst. And I want you and my companions to keep me in check as far as disturbing nature goes. I just hope you give me a chance to find a way around causing harm."

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I listen to the discussion thoughtfully." That sounds reasonable Jason. No fossil fuels though which you agree to. I'm opposed to any sort of deforestation as well. We have a chance here to treat this world the way we should have treated Earth. Den and I will be the original tree huggers here." I wink at him." These are all very long term projects. We must set something in place to prevent people in the future from deviating from this course. As to what, I have no idea." I stroke Ghost's white fur." As to the train idea… that sounds fascinating. We should call the first train Blaine. How does that sound? "She looks to see if anyone gets her reference.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 202

"The insane homicidal monorail from the dark tower series? That's a little ominous isn't it?"

"In any case, the train is more of a proof of concept. Before it becomes feasible, we would kind of need someplace other than this stronghold to run a line to that would be worth the boatloads of steel needed. Elevators and maybe a small monorail would be more what we could do around here to begin."

"As to deforestation, as this community grows, they're going to need more wood than can be gathered from the ground. Might I suggest when it comes to that point, we take a page from reforestation techniques? Selective cutting only, with a number of trees replanted for each one taken."

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2017 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 202

Lord Douglas listens to your thoughts and breaks in. "I studied clean power sources when I was in high school. I can tell you that will wind power has some advantages I would be concerned for the birds. How do we keep them from being struck by the blades that will drive the generator. As far as wood we will be removing some trees north of here to the river as they are showing some signs of shallow roots like there could be something under them that is not good for the roots or killing the roots. We will have a lot of wood soon. The electricity issue we can think about to see if we can figure something out. I know I dislike getting shocked.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.