3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 205 of 616

When you examine the roots that came up with - Page 205 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Sep, 2017 - 12:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 616 pgs.  201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2017 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 205

The three of you head North out of the Stronghold and soon make it to the stream where a crew is cutting down trees. Another crew is using a couple horses to pull the stumps out of the ground. The stumps are coming out pretty easy leaving a shallow hole where they were at. You see two other shallow holes as another tree comes crashing down.

Out of Character: I am working on a map of the general area of the stronghold so you can see how it is is situated.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Sep, 2017 - 4:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I bid farewell to my friends as they head out. "Take care, and make sure to send for me if there's something more than trees out there. Thomas, get a good feel for it and let me know if there's anything I can adjust on that breastplate."

That evening, in the smithy, I address Quantithalica in earnest, hoping to instill a sense of purpose in her time with me beyond that of a simple crush.

"Good evening, before we get started on the next project, I wanted to talk with you a bit on the nature of the profession I hope to teach. There's more to it than hammering on bits of metal."

"Ultimately, what I do is solve problems. My friends need protection in a dangerous world, so I make armor. I wish to use controlled lightning to perform tasks I could not otherwise, so I make plans to build a device that will generate that force. Half of the local population are working in the fields to feed the other half and have no time for other pursuits, so I hope to find ways to ease their burden."

"There are three things I would like you to take to heart: The first is to always look for alternates, a better way of doing things. There is nothing in this world that cannot be done more effectively, or more swiftly, or with less cost, or even just not done at all, as you have found a way to make it not necessary."

"The second principle, and the caveat to the first, is that everything anyone does has a consequence, a price, a compromise. A tool you designed to be lighter and easier to handle might be more likely to break under strain for instance. A wagon made to be particularly sturdy and vulnerable could get stuck in mud far more easily than most thanks to the weight. And that perfect item that does everything extremely well while being remarkably reliable? It probably costs more to make than anyone is willing to pay for. The key here is to find a balance that emphasizes the features you most want without sacrificing more than you have to."

"The final principle, is to take pride in your work. I don't mean in a boastful way, boasting is for merchants and politicians, people who need the validation of others in their lives. Always strive to do a job right over taking the easy or quick path. Build a bridge that lasts, year after year, taking punishment without complaint or breakage, and you have something to be extremely proud of, even if almost no one using the bridge knows who was responsible for it."

"Now then, I think that is enough lecturing for the moment. Tonight we'll start making another breastplate, all the way from the beginning this time. This one is for me, so we'll need to make a slightly larger blank than was used on Thomas'... "

I blink a bit, "Oh, I almost forgot, I meant to ask you, do you mind if I start calling you Alice? It is a little easier for me to say, and it is a reference to a story character that you remind me of."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Sep, 2017 - 4:58am

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2017 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

She looks at you a bit blankly. When you are done she says? "What is a politican? I understand Merchant but politican is a strange term. You do not like my name? You want to call me by another girl you like more than me? She told you stories too? I can tell you stories if that is what you like. I want to please you so I will work hard to make you proud of me."

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2017 - 11:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 205 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I walk over to the holes and I peer in. If it's too dark I bring a torch. If I can't see anything like that I get down on all fours and look in. I say to my friends, "Can you two grab a hold of me, just in case something reaches up and tries to pull me in." Then I look at Rachel and wink, "I'd hate to be pulled away on our first date."

Out of Character: Can you describe the holes? Are they large enough for a person to fit into?

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2017 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I wince, got a little overboard there, "I am sorry, I did not explain myself well did I? A politician is someone who gains power primarily by getting the approval of those around them. Often the only real talents they display are those of persuasion."

"As to the name, I had meant it as a nickname, something a little shorter and easier to say that is used among friends."

"The Alice I mentioned is not a real girl for me to like or not. She is a part of an old story, a legend if you will. She found herself in a strange and wondrous new world one day. I find myself in something of a similar situation, that is why I thought of it."

"I do like you, just as you are Quantithalica, and I am proud of what you have done already. If you wish for me to keep using your full name, I will do so."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Sep, 2017 - 3:02am

Post Date: 20th Sep, 2017 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Party - The holes are just small shallow holes in the ground not much to them they are 18 inches to 24 inches in diameter and shallow like up to two feet deep in the center. Nothing that extends much.

Jason. She smiles very brightly and hugs you tightly when you tell her that you like her. She whispers in your ear. "My friends call me Thalica if that pleases you." She kisses your ear and then releases you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Sep, 2017 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 205

"Right then, let's get to examining these trees and these holes." I look at the trees, especially the root system to see what I can see. I know a bit about plants so I know a root system for a hardwood should extend fairly deep and also be about twice as wide as the branches reach out. I check the hold for any sign of pests or disease.

"Rachel, care to get your hands dirty? I think of all of us you may be best suited to find what is causing this."

After examining the trees and the holes if I don't find anything I start looking around the area for anything that seems out of place.

Out of Character: I'm not sure what you want me to roll so I'm giving you a choice here.

Post Date: 21st Sep, 2017 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 205

When you examine the roots that came up with the stumps you see that it seemed to have only shallow roots and nothing deep. It is like the deep roots are gone or were removed. The holes have a lot of loose dirt in them if you plan on doing some digging.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.