3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 30 of 616

You have no issues buying everything from - Page 30 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Apr, 2017 - 7:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 616 pgs.  26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 30

The items that are not available is the block and tackle, the ear plugs, the Clearwater tablets and expandable pole. They do have a couple 10' poles.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

In Character:I try not to chuckle, dragonblood, inspiring if true, and a bit ironic. One of my two longest running characters was a dragonblooded sorcerer. But it did not quite feel right.

"Maybe, but I've always imagined draconic sorcery and its associated talents as fairly primal, instinctive. This was more calculated, more like there's an understanding of the weave than a connection to the same. Besides, as I understand it, most sorcerers exhibit a fair degree of… force of personality, I pretty much don't."

"If you could indulge me, could you cast a simple cantrip? And take it slow, I want to see what manner of understanding I can glean from the process."

Out of Character: Trying to work within knowledge here. While fairly familiar with the artificer stuff, before looking it up again for this game, I did not remember that they could detect enchantments without the Detect Magic spell or a similar effect, something that no other class can do.

As I understand it, artificers don't cast spells. Where a wizard learns arcane formulae and sorcerers tap into their instincts, I manipulate the weave using an understanding of its innate properties in relation to physical properties of the world. It is slower and more cumbersome, but also places fewer restrictions on what kinds of effects can be achieved.

So, looking for other triggers to start to understand the process. I think watching an enchanting process would do the trick right off, but that's not likely to happen soon. I am thinking I'd be able to glean something from the casting of a spell, more of a sense of how the weave might be manipulated in other ways for instance.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Apr, 2017 - 2:00pm

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"Yes a bit of dragon blood not enough to do magic but maybe a hint of it to allow you to sense or feel a weave of magic thus is why you are able to sense things that others can not. I do not see or sense any ability you have within you to form or understand a lot of magic but I do sense in you the ability to feel some magic and work it in a fashion that most can not without actually being able to do magic." She looks at you thoughtfully. "I can not quite place my finger on it and I am sure that I am explaining it well enough. It is just there is something about your ability that is not seen much so it is hard to really understand. I will have to keep my eye on you and see if I can come up with a better explanation for you."

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 30 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Very well, my thanks. Are there any books on the weave, arcane theory, or enchanting that I might peruse? I had something of an interest in such regardless."

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

She will show you a whole section of the library. There are scrolls, books and tomes. "This section is where all the information myself and Letrtytthiitus (Let-us) have gathered. You are free to look at them as you wish. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or Let-us."

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"An impressive collection, I greatly appreciate the opportunity."

Mumbling to myself I say "And now to find 'Magic for Dummies', or perhaps 'The Physics of Magic volume 1'." Being gentle with the works, I'll peruse the texts in question. For now avoiding specialized theories, instead picking out a starting selection of tomes concerning the basics of how the weave and magic in general works.

This feels all too familiar, finding books on an unfamiliar subject in order to cram down knowledge.

I'll find a comfortable place to sit and peruse the books. I'll skim over anecdotes and anything that doesn't seem of immediate importance to the subject, looking mostly for basic theory I can relate to and grasp, repeatedly rereading important passages, and taking shorthand notes on critical items.

I spend the next few hours doing this, unless something arises that I need to ask the keepers of the library about.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Apr, 2017 - 3:02pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 30

Having shopped for a while I can see that Den is losing interest. Well we have gotten all of this marked off of our list Den. We need horses still. Anything else that you can think of?

-Masterwork Smith's Tools 55 gp
-3 backbacks 6 gp
-3 bedrolls 0.3 gp
-3 waterskins 3gp
-10 square yard canvas 1gp flint and steel 1gp rope (150 ft of silk rope 30 gp
3 days of trail rations for each person 4.5 gp block and tackle 5gp caltrops 1gp chalk (50) .5 gp candle 0.1gp fishhook 0.1gp spade/shovel 2gp steel mirror 10 gp signal whistle 5 gp crowbar 2gp two 10' poles 4 sp
Flour Pouch 0.4 gp
1 piton 1 gp
Sack 0.3

Candle wick 0.2gp whetstone 0.02gp.

Out of Character: . I'm writing it as we are buying horses last since it is all at the same location.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Apr, 2017 - 7:30pm

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 30

You have no issues buying everything from either the shop or the blacksmith. Soon the only things you have left to buy is the horses with saddles and feed. You will be buying saddle bags too?

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.