3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 9 of 616

After hearing Rachel I pale as well, visibly - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Apr, 2017 - 8:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 616 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 9

"Ah, then you might be in better shape than I in that regard. I've ridden on occasion, but not much more than a bit of simple trail work every once in a while. Even that much is mainly because my mother is a fairly serious endurance rider. Would probably never see a horse around otherwise"

Stepping out of the shop, I stretch a bit, popping the bones in my neck. I feel noticeably less tense than before. This may be far from normal, but I'm much more confidant now that we can adapt.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I turn away as requested and take off my shorts and shirt to try on my new clothes. I think of what Jason said and I let myself go to see what, if any, knowledge of the area is in my head, and sure enough, I have some amount of knowledge of the local flora a fauna. I also did a bit of spelunking back on Earth, but I seem to have a more detailed knowledge here. I engage Thrum in some conversation of the local area's wildlife and plants, to see how accurate my knowledge is.

I hear Jason and Rachel talking but I'm lost in my own thoughts as I let Thrum work on fitting my clothes. The fit is good when he has completed. It was a near fit to start. He simply let out the shoulders a bit to accommodate me. Thinking about it, I note people are a bit less muscular and just a tad smaller overall than in our time. I attribute that to the probability of a leaner diet more physical activity of the kind that makes one sinewy and strong rather than muscular and powerful.

Coming out of my reverie I turn to see Rachel and Jason. I hear them talking of shoes and riding horses. "I did some riding myself when I was younger. A cousin of mine, who was really like my older, brother raised Quarter Horses. It stood me good when we went into Afghanistan and I had to ride with the Northern Alliance. I'll be keeping my trail boots until they fall off my feet. They may look strange here and mark us as foreigners, but I've learned comfort of the feet is very important."

I look at the two of them and continue, "I was lost in my thoughts for a bit just now. You two look great and welcome to the Texas Renaissance Festival, please keep your weapons peace tied at all times. I did as you suggested Jason and reached into my knowledge banks and I found I know things about this world I shouldn't. Or at least I think I do. Perhaps the two of you should see if there is any knowledge you possess that is… uhm, new?"

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I think about it for a bit, imagining ranging up and down those hills. I recall some scenes from my hiking trip at Philmont, but nothing I can identify as new.

But then I find myself studying the local structures, especially the stonework of the castle. I can practically see the steps required to build them. Looking at some of the weapons carried by the guards, I find I can imagine making one myself, and not in a purely theoretical fashion.

"Um, yeah, I think so. Not about tracking through this area though, but building things."

"I could have drawn up structural plans for a castle like that before, even done a decent job of guessing at the less obvious defensive features. But I'd have been depending on modern materials, tools, and construction techniques to actually get it done. Apparently not anymore. Among other things, I can now visualize the best way to present data to a stonecutter to get reliable results, and how to deal with the common flaws… "

"Smithing is apparently included there too, I already knew some of the theory behind working an old fashioned forge, but had never picked up a hammer in earnest. Now? The steps to make the halberd blade over there are fresh in my mind, its as if I've done it dozens of times already."

"Huh, I wonder if I could kickstart the production of proper steel around here. These people wouldn't be able to manage a true blast furnace yet, but I bet I could arrange a bellows fed bloomery, they already have all the materials and tools needed. It will take a few tries to get it right, as I've only seen diagrams for such, but it would be worthwhile."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:16pm

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I curtesy in my dress. " M'lords. It is a pleasure to make thine acquaintances. " Noticing them talking about newfound knowledge my eyes widen. " What you two know will help us. We need all we can accumulate. I need to focus myself. " I close my eyes and just let my mind get blank. Nothing happens at first. I gradually become aware of animals nearby. I envision animals and I can hear them talk. I shake my head in confusion.

Strange words enter my mind. I feel some type of force growing in me. Animals still call out to me. I open my eyes and look at the others. " Well… I feel a kinship with animals. I also feel that I might have some kind of magic ability. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:15pm

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Magic? What on… " Stop it Jason, you're in some alternate dimension with elves, and someone has stuffed your head with data, you need to stop assuming what is possible.

"Can you imagine yourself doing something with magic that seems… familiar?"

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"Is it possible." I shake my head. "Do you think." I shake my head again. I don't know how to say this. Am I crazy? Of course I'm crazy. I just decide to say it, "The similarities between. Is it possible we were chosen because we play…Not just play but are good at… " I just can't comprehend so I leave it at that. "Never mind."

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 19th Apr, 2017 - 8:00pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 9

I look shaken. " I know how to magically heal. Don't ask me how I know. I can feel it. I know how to talk to animals. What is going on here? I know this is just a dream. I will wake up at any moment. " I close my eyes and will myself to wake up. " Wake up Rachel. Wake up. When I open my eyes I will be back at home. "

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 19th Apr, 2017 - 8:22pm

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

After hearing Rachel I pale as well, visibly shaken. "This isn't RenFaire, this is Dungeons & Dragons. When are the Orcs going to come running at us? How? If what I'm saying is true, and with every discovery it sounds less crazy to me, then we are in danger or could be very easily. And dangers we know but really don't know too… if you catch my meaning."

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.