3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 108 of 616

As we walk back in I decide to get a bit more - Page 108 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jun, 2017 - 6:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 616 pgs.  104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 108

I sigh, she's still getting caught up in the novelty of it all. "Make no mistake Thomas, this world is a dangerous one. Rachel and Dennis both sustained bad wounds the night before last. And they did so while we were avenging the brutal slaughter of a halfling family that lives but a few hours from here. I don't speak to dissuade you, but there is a need for prudence."

I'll keep the group heading to the dining hall so we can all sit down there, I'm sure Thomas is both hungry and tired. I'll make sure Allen joins us if we don't run into him along the way.

After introductions and reunions are out of the way, I'll settle down to business. "Right then. Thomas, you should know that the lord of this place, Douglas, is also from Earth, but he has been here for decades. He has essentially hired us to scout and secure these lands, as this fort is basically a beachhead in untamed lands."

"We have all found ourselves more capable in some respects after coming here. Allen has already shown signs of monk style training. I suspect that you will have a similar experience shortly."

"For now though, we need to get you two equipped. We just got back here with a sack of recovered loot from the goblin caves, the cash from that ought to cover the basics."

"Lord Douglas made a good point the other day. We cannot let those goblins remain any longer than we must. I suggest that I, Rachel, and Dennis head back out there tomorrow. Prudence would suggest that you two wait to train a bit before setting out, though that is your choice in my estimation."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Jun, 2017 - 4:41am

Sponsored Links:
17th Jun, 2017 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

I nod, understanding that it could be quite dangerous though also considering the excitement that could come much like Rachel. I did make sure to be careful about Ghost, but since I did have a love of wolves I did look forward to when he might get comfortable with me. Still considering Dennis' scars I say, "Well, all the more reason to be careful."

"Was Lord Douglas also a member of the forums," I found myself asking, since Jason explained how he was from our earth. Since so far the rest of us had been, I felt it was a far question.

On the experiences mentioned, I will say, "I may have already had one, though perhaps I fully haven't been awakened to who I am here. With the lute given and the vision I suspect from the divine, I have an idea though." Perhaps though there was more to come, or my experience was that which has already taken place.

"Well I am willing to help if I can, as I suspect in part I have actually been given what is needed but if you wish for me to stay behind I will," I offer, though allow that perhaps I wasn't ready yet. I will probably also speak to Lord Douglas on a safe place to put my laptop until it was needed so as to help make sure it wasn't broken.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 17th Jun, 2017 - 3:06pm

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The captain of the guard would meet with Thomas and take him up to a tower and shown a room. "This will be your room for as long as you wish, your belongings will be safe inside." You will find that you are next to Allen's room and one floor above Rachel's and Jason/Dennis's rooms. They will make sure you know the way to and from the privys and the dining hall.

Out of Character: Lord Douglas has been in the worlds away from earth since 1981 thus he would not have been a part of the forum you are familiar about *smile*.

17th Jun, 2017 - 3:49pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Page 108 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

I thank the guard, surprised though his time with the others felt so short. Even hasn't even had a chance to meet up with Allen yet, but perhaps it was for the best. I could take a bath and probably see what he may need to do so as to use the library. There was a few things he could do to keep busy, and perhaps get to know a few in the fortress and the castle. Setting up connections and learning about those here, perhaps even speak with Lord Douglas involving learning from him in social encounters.

Out of Character: Yah, not only keeping in mind how old the site is but the fact the internet wasn't really a thing for public use until 1991. Even earlier, what would have exited may not have been able to him.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 17th Jun, 2017 - 3:52pm

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I shake my head, "He left Earth right around the time CERN was developing the protocols that would eventually become the World Wide Web. It would have been more than a decade later before internet use would become a common thing for entertainment rather than military and research. So no, pretty sure he's not a Bordeglobal visitor. It would be interesting to find out what, if any, such commonalities his group had."

Out of Character: Thomas, I think the bit with the guard was supposed to happen after everyone, Allen included, is finished having their chat.

17th Jun, 2017 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

The Storyteller says...

"Wow, that was quite a while ago. Though admittedly a few of us were technically born before the internet was public as well," I say with a chuckle, considering though what Lord Douglas might think of my laptop given how it was more advanced then anything in his day.

Continuing, I say, "So have none of you asked him about how he got here and what may be his connection to all this?" I was wondering who he was, yet decided to get what I could to eat as we all talked. More, there was a lot none of us knew on why we were here and what magic brought them here.

Out of Character: I was a little confused by that.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 17th Jun, 2017 - 7:06pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 108

*Tomas can see me meditating by the entrance while he is eating. I look to be very focused on what I was trying to do. However, He can also tell that my focus seems to be a bit off as well. Almost like what I am trying to do can't be done currently.*

*After a short time more, I get up and join the rest.* "Well I'll be a dragon's egg. Tom, is that really you?" *I say when I see him again.* "So my hunch about you going to look for me was indeed correct."

*I sit and pull out my notes from the night before and compare them with the PHB and PHB II I have. I take note on the similarities and differences between the notes and the books I have. I also compare all the notes on dragons I took.* "Lucky for me I had some pencils and paper in my backpack. Made taking notes much easier for me last night. The information they have about dragons seems to have some contradictions. There also seems to be differences as well. I don't have all the information but what I did learn is in the notes here."

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 108

As we walk back in I decide to get a bit more to eat and talk a bit to Jason and Rachel. "I may sleep in the forest a bit. For some reason, sleeping indoors is… constricting. I think it may be part of the change coming over me. But on the way back I felt, almost more attuned to nature and to, I don't know how to say it, and to being what this world picked me to become. Anyway, I feel like I need to practice with my bow, so if you need me I'll be out practicing my archery. I know it's crazy to say anything is crazy in this crazy situation… but does that sound crazy?"

Out of Character: I gain a combat style on becoming second level and I chose the Rapid Shot feat. That should help our combat at a distance.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.