3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 109 of 616

"Oh, right, the mission. The caves we - Page 109 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jun, 2017 - 2:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 616 pgs.  105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 109

There is a place outside and behind the stronghold that has a archery range for you to practice your shooting if you wish to use it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I shrug, "If you think you are ready, that is your choice. I certainly won't deny that we could use more hands with the caves. So, what kind of gear do you think you would be comfortable with? We'll need to acquire some things if you are to join us tomorrow. Actually, the list of things I'd like to get before we go back is quite extensive, but we don't have time for much of it."

When done with talking with the others, I'll head out into town and sell off everything taken from the caves. Hopefully it will be enough to cover the things needed for the newcomers.

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

*I look to Jason.* "Well, I like a trial by fire experience. If I can get a quarter staff, a dagger and a sling or crossbow, I would like to join as well." *I continue for a bit with the notes comparisons. Then I will head for a training area and practice my martial arts.*

Out of Character: : Hey guys, in the next few days, I may not be able to get online for a while. Internet/wifi won't be easily available. It's also why my posts are few right now.

KNtoran, Is there something I can do to gain exp and currency during this time? I am just factoring in the fact I may be offline for a while and don't want to be left behind.

Reconcile Edited: allencory on 17th Jun, 2017 - 9:01pm

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 109 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"Oh, I almost forgot. Do either of you have any experience with riding horses? We can pick out a few animals that are placid as all get out if not. Just learning to sit properly while the horse is walking is not that difficult if they are cooperative."

"Also, while I am thinking of it, we could use some extra funds. Would you all be willing to take a risk? I could try to make a potion today. If it works, it could be sold for a fair amount of money. There's a risk of course, I could just end up wasting the funds put towards the materials."

Out of Character: Assuming a buyer could be found, I could make a level 2 potion today, invest 112.5 gold, then sell it for 300 (Or perhaps less, depends on how well the bartering goes). Should give us a fair bit more flexibility in purchasing if it works. There is however a 16% chance of me buggering up both of the UMD checks and wasting the investment, which seems a little high to me. I'll also have to burn a fair chunk of my crafting reserve, which isn't the worst thing in the world, but I only have so much of that available before I have to start burning xp instead.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Jun, 2017 - 10:45pm

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2017 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: How are we set for funds? Will we have enough to get Allen and Thomas equipped if you fail your roll? One in six is pretty significant risk in that case. If we have enough and this is to get extras then I say go for it.

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2017 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: not sure, need to know how much we had left after the last shopping trip and how much we can get from the loot.

The armor we pulled out of there would be more than enough, if we're getting close to the usual selling price. But I'm not sure how much we'd get for goblin worn studded leather, especially since there don't seem to be many halflings or gnomes around here.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Jun, 2017 - 1:32am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jun, 2017 - 2:06am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 109

The Storyteller says...

Seeing Allen, I smile as I see him trying to meditate and when getting closer I joke, “Seems it isn’t as easy as one might hope? Meditation wasn’t something I could do well either, though as you grow as a monk I suspect it will get easier.” I was glad to see him and when Allen got up I gave him a pat on the back.

In reply to what he said, I offer, “It sure is, though be glad your sister isn’t here or she might not be too pleased with you.” Still, given us all being member of Bordeglobal.com I consider how perhaps she might not have joined us. Yet I guess it couldn't be helped, and we would just need to find a way home without her. Hopefully she wouldn't get too worried.

Looking to Jason to continue on whether or not I was sure, I say, “I would like to try, especially since as a bard I would be wanting to generally avoid direct combat anyway. This will allow me the chance to see if I can actually inspire or affect any of you with my words or music.” There was much to try, to say the least but I was willing to put forth the effort.

With a chuckle, considering my lute, I will add, “Though probably not by way of music, as I would like to practice. I could offer stories and oratory though for my performances.” Admittedly, there was not much yet I could be certain that I even have access too, though unless I try there was no way to know for sure but hopefully it works out.

On what I would like for equipment, I say. “Well I don’t know how far off we might be going from the fortress or if we will be camping out, but the basics of course. A knife, a rapier, a sleeping mat, backpack, provisions, rope, waterskin, flint and steel, perhaps a book for taking notes and generally keeping track of what I find. For armour, probably just some leather armour until you can get me something better.” When it came to such things, I generally had a list of things I considered essential though in all honestly I wasn’t sure if it might be all needed in this situation.

Pondering, I ask, “Is the equivalent of a handy haversack in this universe? Admittedly, I can’t remember if that was just Pathfinder not Dungeons & Dragons 3.5” I could be misremembering, so I might have to check later. That may though be a bit more the Lord Douglas will provide even if there is pack like such.

On the question of horseback riding I say, “I learned how to ride a horse in scouts, one of my favorite badges to earn actually being my Horsemanship badge, though ti has been a very long time since I have been able to ride a horse.” Still, that may not be enough.

Out of Character: I didn’t put any ranks in Ride I believe, so I may just have to play it hit or miss.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 18th Jun, 2017 - 5:18am

Post Date: 18th Jun, 2017 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 109

"Oh, right, the mission. The caves we are talking about are about a day's travel from here. Its a pretty complex affair, lots of side passages. We eliminated a large number of goblins in there, but decided to pull out after Lia and Dennis took a few hits. I got lucky in that regard. We'll want to return and finish the job before they reinforce or relocate. That bunch has already proven themselves a major menace to the area."

"As to equipment, I'll need to sell off the stuff we looted last time to find out what all we have in funds, but what you guys have asked for shouldn't be an issue. The horses for you two will be a bit expensive, but it is not in our best interests to skimp on that. I am not prepared to leave anyone behind."

"And yeah, Handy Haversacks were indeed 3.5. The other question is availability, I don't know if we'll be able to find such around here, this place doesn't have a thriving market at present. On the other hand, you've got me around, I've learned to make basic magic items, and I think I am close to grasping the concepts behind things like that. Give me time and funds, and I'll be able to make one for you not too long from now."

Out of Character: I don't think anyone in the entire party has Ride as a class skill. You don't need it for general travel purposes, its mostly for trying to fight in the saddle, which we'll just have to avoid. I was asking for flavor purposes, because while Dungeons & Dragons characters, even with 0 Ride, can generally be assumed to have sat in a saddle before, with modern people from earth, that's not a good assumption. We've gotten lucky so far in this regard, you make 4 out of 5 with at least some horsemanship experience, just need to know if Allen can claim the same or if we need to start the montage music up again tongue.gif

P.S. They are mithral breastplates, and I don't think I mentioned them in character yet.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.