Micah the Blessed

Micah Blessed - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 7:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Closed
ROK II Text RPG Character 251
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Micah the Blessed
A Friend

Micah the Blessed

Micah is a woman of stout body and lovely, stern face, and though young she has great ambitions, all with one philosophy at their hearts: The bloodshed that haunts this land must come to an end, and if no one else is to do it, then she shall do it herself. It is, after all, what her mother would have wanted, and what she believed young Micah could one day do.

She wears her curly black hair in braids across her dark head then tied into a bun atop her head, and her grey eyes gleam faintly with wisdom and determination. The vividity of youth is dimmed by the hard work she has put in after her mother's death, working in hot forges and deep mines both for hard work's sake and to make herself known as a friend and ally to the common folk, despite having the wisdom and learnt spirituality of the priests she spent her youth listening to - a wisdom she hopes will allow her to cavort with nobles and sages when the time comes.

Though closer to her mother, Micah looked up greatly to her father, and seeks to earn his pride now that her mother has passed. She prefers to consider everyone a friend until they have made themself an enemy, and has strong faith in the equality of the world - those who put in pain get pain in return, and those who put in kindness are given kindness.

It is these beliefs and this hard work and kindness that Micah is sure will give her the affluence and renown to work towards the peace of this world, but if she dies fighting for that peace, she will consider her life well lived and move on to greet her mother with a full and happy heart.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 9:19pm / Post ID: #

Micah the Blessed
A Friend

Blessed Micah

Advisor Description

Micah had just emerged from a long day's work at the smithy, and was wiping sweat from her brow as the cool evening air touched it. She stretched, murmured a prayer of thanks that the day's work had gone well, and then, from the corner of her vision, saw someone…

She was a tall woman in soldier's garb, hiding poorly behind a building. Upon being seen, she attempted to duck behind it once more, only to feel a sturdy, callused hand pull her by the armored wrist into the street. "Who art thou?" Micah questioned, voice firm but not quite unkind. "Hast thou followed me? Answer, I bid thee!"

"Nay!" The soldier caught herself, but did not endeavor to pull her wrist away from Micah's grasp. "Well - in sooth, mayhap, but with naught one ill intent! S-see, I know of thee, Micah, and I seek to aid thee in thy quest!"

"My quest?" Micah released the stranger from her grasp, but stayed close, looking her up and down. "I have no quest but to make a life as best as I can have. What madness dost thou speak?"

In truth, Micah's ambitions of saving the world from warfare had lingered with her since reading tales and hearing great philosophies in her youth, but her focus was elsewhere at that time - food and housing were far more important than outlandish tales. Indeed, she had told none of her dreams, so how could it be that this soldier, blushing at her foolishness, could know?

"Verily thou dost! I have read thy - thy journal, you see, but the one when in a fit of rage you cast its hopeful words from your window. I know not why you did so, t'was some months back, but its prose hast filled mine heart with hope! And truly I do believe thou canst achieve thy goals, if thou doth attempt -"

"Silence, I beseech ye!" Micah cried, hands clapping over the stranger's flapping mouth. After a moment, and a harried glance over each shoulder, Micah stepped back. "Very well, thou hast read mine texts, that I did discard on the day of my mother's death. What dost thou intend with this knowledge?"

"Merely to help thee," the soldier quoth, cheeks reddening to the likeness of apples as her brown eyes darted across the empty street. Micah noted her embarrassment with caution, bidding her sympathies quiet for but a moment of true contemplation. "Micah, I want to give thee my aid. My knowledge, and friendship, and what'ere thou shalt ask of me. I pray of thee, give me thine acceptance, and I shall serve thee dutifully to the greatest of mine ability."

Micah looked off, brow knit for but a moment, before she gave a sigh and ducked her head. "What is thy name?"

"Kennan, milady."

"I pray, call me that not."

"Very well."

"Dost thou have power to aid me in mine quests? First of survival and then of stopping the great wars and civil strife?"

"Indeed, I do."

"Then I thank the, Kennan, and I do accept thee as my friend."

And Kennan smiled broadly, hope gleaming once more in her eyes, and gave a great nod.

In truth, though Micah maintains reservations about Kennan, the soldier is a courageous, kind sort of fool, who desperately needs the hope for a brighter future that Micah's beliefs can provide. They have shared many an evening talking of dreams and faith and virtue, nights Micah treasures as some of her most precious. And, while Kennan's advice and aid are of great importance to Micah's reinvigorated cause, perhaps her most important contribution is her companionship… though Micah would never admit that something deeper might be kindling in her heart for her daft, lovable advisor.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

Micah the Blessed
A Friend

Micah the Blessed Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Message to Advisor

Kennan,

I confess this day has been arduous, mayhaps caused by mine undue foolishness. I didst put thy gifts and the armaments I did purchase to use, in neutralizing a madman who hadst fled from our local physician. Whilst walking the woods, how'ere, a swarm of wild bats fell upon me, and I would have lost my life then and there were it not for the potion thou didst bestow upon me. Kennan, I thank thee for thy generosity.

Verily, do chastise me for my hastiness in taking the burden of such a feat as I did! I do fear my mother wouldst be ashamed of me were she to witness my faltering in the battlefield, though equally so for attempting to brave it at all. Have I so soon lost the wisdom given unto me by my tutors? Ah, but I digress. I do know how thy heart worries for me when I ramble as I did. Thou art endlessly kind, Kennan, and endlessly endearing.

My day was not all wild escapades, fear not! I didst labor in the prison for some time, earning the gratitude (And gold) of the jailkeeper, and I did make deliveries across the town of various sorts. Let it never be said that one needs more than kindness and hard work to endure in this world of ours! Indeed, my gold summarily shall replenish, and I shall acquire more skills and tools to advance my prowess. Do give us time, Kennan. Thy patience shalt be rewarded when thou dost least expect.

Still… something bothers me, in the very back of my mind. I fear I had the strangest dream. I swore, in the dream, to never tell another soul of what I encountered, and thus I cannot say much… But know, dearest Kennan, that I found myself awake in a monk's hut with no memory of arriving, body aching in a hundred places. I fear I may have passed, my friend, and been returned to this life by the will of some power higher than ourselves. Is this a sign that our quest is destined to prevail? Or, perhaps, was my experience a warning that proceeding will bring about a more permanent doom?

Kennan, stay faithful, as thou hast. I shall message thee again on the morrow.

A fellow soldier of kingliness…

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Micah the Blessed
A Friend

Blessed Micah

Reflections on your mother

Mother… Where are you?

I have wondered, long and sorrowful, if there is another life. Men of the cloth have taught me that there is, that you are surely at peace. But I do not believe this to be wholly true. You passed so soon, and left me alone, Mother - left me to wonder without you, without your arms to hold me and your lullaby to soothe me.

Perhaps I needed this. Perhaps I needed your absence, to grow, to reach my destiny and embrace it. But I still worry sometimes, like I worry for all things, that your passing was not a simple change but an omen for disaster. Mother, I think I died today. I think I perished at the hands of monsters after a fatal mistake. I have never been more afraid in my life than I was in that moment, wondering if I would see you again when I left or if it would be… just… silence.

I am no longer alone. I have Kennan at my side, sweet Kennan, and my rapport with the town grows stronger by the day. And still I wonder, and worry, and idle, and dream. Mother… all the questions I would ask were you here to answer them.

Are you there? Are you listening? Were you ever there at all?

I miss you, mother. I miss you.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Micah the Blessed
A Friend

Blessed Micah

The Beauty of Lady Fluke

In sooth, I saw her standing there
Upon a balcony
The wind tickling her flowing hair
All flaxen like a dream
Her comely shape bound in a dress
Lavender with eyes of green
Her cheeks hollowed, mature and clean
Though youth glimmered within

In sooth, I stood there, stunned a mo'
By such a lovely form
Such wisdom on her gentle brow
And yet a face forlorn
I fell upon a single knee
And questioned of the gods
'Why give such beauty such great grief'
'O give her happiness!'

In sooth, she looked down to me then
And blessed me with a grin
And crooned, 'Fear not, O youthful one
I have no grief within
I only wonder all about
The innocents and friends
Who go without a smile today
With happiness so slim'

In sooth, I leapt up to my feet
Emboldened by her words
Such beauty! Grace! And kindness too!
I wept some then, for sure
Ne'er had I known that all these things
Could ever so concur
To form a lady perfect like
The night of sweet summer
And so at once I made the move
To swear myself to her
In service to her Palace and
To bring her joy to all.

> TOPIC: Micah the Blessed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,