Lds Dad Dies In Hike

Lds Dad Dies Hike - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Aug, 2008 - 6:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Disappointed after missing a phone call from a son who had recently embarked on an LDS Church mission
4th Aug, 2008 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Lds Dad Dies In Hike

I feel sorry for this man, his 6 children, the wife and of course the missionary son that just started his mission a week ago! My heart and prayers go to this family. Love your kids, enjoy every second of it because truly we don't know when it will be our last.

Disappointed after missing a phone call from a son who had recently embarked on an LDS Church mission, Jay Adamson headed to the mountains of Tooele County to find solace where he and his oldest boy had shared countless treks.

But something went terribly wrong Wednesday when the 40-year-old father of six from Draper hit the trail in the Lakeside Mountain range.

Concerned family contacted authorities when Adamson, an experienced outdoorsman, failed to return home from a hike he had navigated alone before. More than 70 volunteers joined a 28-person county search-and-rescue team to look for the missing man Friday and Saturday.

Those efforts culminated Saturday when a family friend found Adamson's body at the bottom of a cliff around 11 a.m., said Tooele County Sheriff Frank Parker. Investigators believe Adamson died from injuries after he fell off the cliff, Parker said.

It was a gut-wrenching discovery for those who knew Adamson, an outdoor enthusiast who was pursuing an engineering degree from Brigham Young University while managing a Draper-based toy company with family.

Adamson's 19-year-old son, Riley, had departed for Stockholm, Sweden, on Monday to start an LDS mission, said Adamson's mother-in-law, Mary Jo Hansen.
    The teen had called his father from the airport in Sweden. Adamson was sad that he had somehow missed the call on his cell phone. So Adamson went to do what always cheered him up: hiking....

Sponsored Links:
5th Aug, 2008 - 6:33am / Post ID: #

Hike Dies Dad Lds

It really is sad. Sounds like a close family. I hope the family is able to find some peace and comfort. It is too bad they are putting so much emphasis on the missionary son's phone call triggering his sadness. It could cause the Elder to feel responsible somehow for his father's death. I hope he does not carry the guilt but is able to complete his mission with honor.

We had some neighbor's named Adamson when we lived in Draper, but I don't think it is the same family, though they may be related.

> TOPIC: Lds Dad Dies In Hike

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,