Spotting Snakes To Prevent Being Bitten

Spotting Snakes Prevent Bitten - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Apr, 2017 - 11:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  Spotting Snakes Prevent Being Bitten Survive snake attack
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 3:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Can you spot the venomous snake in the leaves?

SOMEWHERE in this picture is a venomous snake, but you'd be forgiven for not seeing it. Ref. Source 2f

Image from news.com.au.

Spotting Snakes To Prevent Being Bitten (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Bitten Prevent Snakes Spotting

It is not hard to spot a snake if you know what you are looking for. The fact that they have adopted to their environment shows that one has to be careful and know where you are going and what potential hazards are out there.

28th Apr, 2017 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Spotting Snakes To Prevent Being Bitten History & Civil Business Politics

Honestly, I wouldn't have seen that snake at all it is very well camouflaged. One big measure for safety is to wear thick clothing on your legs to prevent being bit down there.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Beauty,

You are correct, but how many people are going to do that on a hot August day… which just so happens to be when a snake is nice and warm and active, so it's ready to strike.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

That's one fun part of hiking in Colorado. You could be stepping over a rock that a rattlesnake is sheltering in or even step on one. The rattle would probably come after the bite at that point. sad.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Apr, 2017 - 9:22pm

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah, the worst thing about snakes is where they hide and how hard they are to spot so you don't surprise them. Many snakes, even poisonous ones, will back up before striking. Most will only attack when threatened or backed into a corner… which makes them feel threatened. Only the most territorial, like the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake, will attack. Of course, if you step on one it's probably going to feel threatened.

EDIT Also, thick pants often aren't enough. Snakes can strike pretty far and amazingly fast. I would venture to say a goodly percentage of snake bites are on the lower arms as well as legs.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 28th Apr, 2017 - 10:05pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Spotting Snakes Prevent Bitten

This is something I am pretty good at. I usually can spot a snake before I get to it. There are times that I do not see them but I do pay attention to where I am stepping when out in the woods.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2017 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Spotting Snakes Prevent Bitten Politics Business Civil & History

And I'm the opposite. I darn near stepped on a rattlesnake one day in NC during training.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Spotting Snakes To Prevent Being Bitten

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,