How To Choose A Character's Name?

How Choose Character' S Name - Text RPG, Text MMORPG - Posted: 30th Dec, 2017 - 3:45am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 5 45 86 Why Join Help
Support Future Terra II Project
+  1 2 
Top  How Choose Character' s Name From the TextRPG.com Blog
Post Date: 1st May, 2017 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 36,906
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,417.81 FP
Charm: 337

You’re ready to choose a character name for a role-playing game in which you want to participate. Your character’s name has the same importance as your name. Character Name Choices For Your Role-playing Game - Text Role-playing Game

Attached Image

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st May, 2017 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,477
Avg: 7.8 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 9,306.50 FP
Charm: 398

Name Characters Choose How

I am very good at coming up with names. I have a mind that keeps working all the time and it is hard to shut off. This makes it very easy for me to come up with interesting names.

Rather off topic, but...
IF I was born a decade later I am sure I would have been labeled as ADHD or some other issues. I know I was bored in school a lot and did not really pay much attention.

Attached Image Edited: KNtoran on 1st May, 2017 - 4:29pm

Post Date: 1st May, 2017 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja
A Friend

How To Choose A Character's Name? MMORPG Text & RPG Text

I use multiple ways to come up with names. Sometimes I can make one up out of the blue, like Ildrahil. Sometimes I steal them from something I read, like Glorfindel. Some I go online to get by typing, Dwarven or Elven names for example. Sometimes I use a good historical name that I may or may not modify a bit. And occasionally I use the names that are suggested by the game, although I almost always modify them to some degree.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 10:31am / Post ID: #

Member Member
[?] CPosts: 47
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.4%
[+] Gain: 216.59 FP
Charm: 4

I have to admit that I tend t take names from existing popular characters in other books and series rather than come up with my own.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Premium + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 819
Avg: 5.7 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 1,240.39 FP
Charm: 142

I hate to admit it but I will usually use random name generators. I will go through name after name before finding one I like. My character name is usually one of the toughest aspects of making a character for me.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2017 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,477
Avg: 7.8 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 9,306.50 FP
Charm: 398

Yeah I understand that Character names can be hard to many. I am glad that I can come up with a name at almost the drop of a hat.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2017 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Premium Writer
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 30
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.3%
[+] Gain: 2,476.26 FP
Charm: 13

How Choose Character's Name

I always have trouble coming up with character names, and tend to rely on random generators. The last character I named, I named after my cat who someone else named first.

Attached Image Edited: Kingowlbear on 13th Dec, 2017 - 12:45am

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2017 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 347
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 4.7%
[+] Gain: 93.97 FP
Charm: 5

How Choose Character's Name

If you've read a lot of fantasy novels or movies then getting a name from a character you saw or read about shouldn't be hard unless you're the picky type *wink*.

Guest please SHARE: "How To Choose A Character's Name?" on:

+  1 2 
Sponsored Links:

Topics like "How To Choose A Character's Name?" may just be one of many, do use the Search to find more
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: How To Choose A Character's Name?

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Future Terra II

Automated system to Role-play. No worries about Rules, Dice or updating your Character Sheet, they are taken care of for you. Just immerse in pure Role-playing.
Become A Backer!

See More

Highlights

Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now nominee for President of the USA? By Skeptic 1 Week Ago Discuss It!
Kissing Up To The Boss In The Workplace: By KNtoran 7th Sep, 2018 - 4:23pm Discuss It!
Crowdfunding For Future Terra II: Future Terra Donations
We need Backers! We have: $269 of $1,500 (We need $3,000 total)
Raising funds for the Future Terra II Science Fiction Text RPG through Donations. This was started in August, 2018.
Our Current Backers:
Daishain - $164
Silencedmind - $45
Anronrosby - $24
Stacia - $12
Mikeyd - $12
Play By Post - $12

By JB 24th Aug, 2018 - 3:03am Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By Hunter 19th Aug, 2018 - 5:28pm Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By News 8th Aug, 2018 - 10:33pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By News 2nd Jun, 2018 - 12:21am Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By KNtoran 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:03am Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes