Terrorism in Saudi Arabia

Terrorism Saudi Arabia - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 12th Nov, 2003 - 3:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Saudi Arabia - Land of Terrorists?
9th Nov, 2003 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Recently we saw the US move out of Saudi Arabia, a move quite unexpected because of the length of time the forces had bases there. Now we are seeing where they have gone as far as to close down diplomatic relations by closing the consulate. The US has also claimed that the terrorist that were part of the Sept. 11th attacks were from this country too. What do you think? Is Saudi Arabia really a friend to the US or an enemy?

international QUOTE
SAUDI ATTACKS SPREAD MAYHEM
Explosions and gunfire rocked a residential compound Saturday in the Saudi
Arabian capital, Riyadh, one day after the United States ordered its embassy
There shut because of new terrorist threats and capping a week in which Saudi
Security forces clashed with anti-Western militants in the country.
Source

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
10th Nov, 2003 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Arabia Saudi Terrorism

I think they have been a haven in the past for terrorists.  As they have moved away from this "looking the other way," they have begun to experience acts of terror themselves.  This is the second recent terrorist act that I can remember.  I am sure they will be much more diligent in tracking down and punishing terrorists now that they are being attacked themselves.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

11th Nov, 2003 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism in Saudi Arabia History & Civil Business Politics

This is a very difficult question, and probably takes a lot more understanding of the various "flavors" of Islam than most of us have to really answer it.

I, personally, consider Saudi Arabia to be the primary home, sponsor, and creator of terrorism.  Saudi Arabia provides massive amounts of money to all of the Islamic terrorist groups, and pays Palestinian Arab families when their children strap bombs on and kill Israeli children.

Saudi Arabia appears to have the worst attitude in the world, possibly even worse than the Sudan, towards human rights, especially religious rights.  Wahhabist thought is that their brand of Islam MUST rule the world, that the world must submit to Islam, especially Wahhabi Islam.  And Wahhabi is the rule in Saudi Arabia.

Terrorism does not come from poverty, despite the claims from the Left that it does.  Terrorist leaders are all from middle to upper class families, normally well educated in Western schools, with plenty of money.  They want to rule, not reform.

For a little glimpse into the attitudes in Saudi Arabia, read this:
https://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35518

A leading Saudi government cleric and author of the country's religious curriculum believes Islam advocates slavery.

"Slavery is a part of Islam," says Sheik Saleh Al-Fawzan, according to the independent Saudi Information Agency, or SIA.

NightHawk

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

11th Nov, 2003 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #

Arabia Saudi Terrorism

They have been civil and agreeable with us when it suits them.  Here is a quote from a newsletter I read daily that normally discusses the world economy and events that control/affect the world markets. (www.highlevelcharts.com)

Lastly, we note the bombings in Riyadh yesterday. It is sad to see more instability introduced into the Middle East but there it is. We are told, right away, that Al Qa'ida is at fault and while this may well be true we must also note that Byzantine Saudi politics could also be suspect. The increasingly strident Wahhabi clergy (pro Bin Ladin) is not beyond suspicion, and there are various factions in the Saudi royal family (we are given to understand) which feel that the Kingdom has veered too far from the teaching of Mohammed. The
economy is in ruins, with vast numbers of young men unemployed: never a good sign. It is therefore not beyond the realm of possibility that a low grade civil conflict could be in the making there.

There is a lot more to Saudi Arabia than most people know, Americans, anyway.  They are not, in my view, our "friends" in the true sense of that word, but will use us as long as we are useful to them.  It doesn't really upset them to see terrorist acts here.  They enjoy our money for their oil, but as I understand it, they are looking to exchange dollars for euros and that will upset our trade somewhat.

IMO
Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

11th Nov, 2003 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Arabia Saudi Terrorism

Well this all leads me to ask... why hasn't Saudi Arabia been invaded before? Afterall if they are the root of the problem, what is the reason to just cut off branches?

On a side note you have to think about if this bomb wasn't meant to be for the royal family and accidentally went off in the wrong place.

SAUDI SUPPORT FOR AL-QAIDA DIVES
The bombing last weekend of a residential compound housing an almost entirely
Arab and Muslim population has appalled Saudis far more than other terrorist
attacks, evaporating expressions of support for Osama bin Laden and his
al-Qaida.
https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...37176%2C00.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

11th Nov, 2003 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

On a side note you have to think about if this bomb wasn't meant to be for the royal family and accidentally went off in the wrong place.

Is this sure?  Apparently some Wahhabi and Sunni clerics are now supporting the idea that it is okay to kill Muslims who aren't involved enough in the fight for Islamic domination.

NightHawk

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Nov, 2003 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism Saudi Arabia

If they have taken that stance then they are truly ruthless murderers and need to be hunted down and executed quickly in no uncertain terms.

12th Nov, 2003 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

Terrorism Saudi Arabia Politics Business Civil & History

Saudi Arabia maybe a land of some Terrorists, we cannot judge the whole country for some few people. I cannot understand if we know this why they were not invaded as yet but like anything else in this world, is a political move that don't care about the lives of people really smile.gif-->rolleyes.gif it makes me angry, sick, is desgusting....

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 24th Nov, 2003 - 12:48pm

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Terrorism in Saudi Arabia

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,