Am I A Sucker?

Am Sucker - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Aug, 2008 - 2:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th Aug, 2008 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Am I A Sucker?

Am I A Sucker?

Who will be dumb enough to follow these Email scams and actually take action to get the 'reward'? Check this one out, I had to chuckle:

Canada Lottery/Ontario 49 Microsoft Innovator Award
****, ON, Canada, K7M 9E3

Ref: EAAL/851OYHI/08
Batch No. Ontario 49
Winning No;4 17 19 30 35 45 
Bonus No; 27

Dear Email User,

CANADIAN GOVERNMENT / MICROSOFT INNOVATOR AWARD

This is to inform you that your email has won a consultations prize of the Canadian/Microsoft year anniversary Corporation EMAIL DRAW held Wed Jul 30
2008. Your Email has won GBP 1,000, 000.00 (One Million British Pounds Sterling).

Please note that youre lucky winning number falls within our African
Representative office in South Africa, to claim your prize, you are advised to contact Your Fiduciary Agent in our South African branch Mr. Owen Sajack with the following Details for the claim of your winning prize.

Name (in Full):
Address:
Direct Telephone No:

Contact your Fiduciary Agent via the email below immediately within 24hrs. You are Obliged to donate 10% of your winning to any listed charity organization In Africa.

Name: Mr. Owen Sajack
Tel: +27 78 199 3828
Email: ******

Sincerely,

Dr. (Mrs.) Bagwell Charlton
Canadian/Microsoft Promotion Team

You may also receive similar e-mails from people portraying to be other
Organizations or Microsoft Inc. This is solely to collect your personal
Information from you and lay claim over your notification letter that was Sent to you, Kindly forward a copy to us and [remove] it from your mailbox And give no further correspondence to such person or body.

Microsoft shall not be held responsible for any loss of fund arising from the Above mentioned.

NOTE: To confirm that you have the correct winning number for Wed Jul 30
2008 draw, Do confirm under Ontario49;

I put some asterisks to hide some of the details. I do not want us linking to third parties. Now check this... imagine getting an Email from:

1. A married female doctor
2. Living and working in Canada
3. For Microsoft? Since when are they in the lotto?
4. I won one million British pounds out of Canada eh? They could have at least changed the currency to Canadian dollars.
5. Now here is the best. Now I have to contact someone in South Africa and promise to give 10% of the money to charity
6. The least they could have done is run a spell checker too

I am ready to contact the guy, I am such a believer, this is better than X-files.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2008 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Sucker?
A Friend

Sucker I Am

I have gotten a few of these types of e-mails. I respond to them all in hopes that I really have won the lottery that I never entered. biggrin.gif

Like I would ever respond to this type of spam.

8th Aug, 2008 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Am I A Sucker? History & Civil Business Politics

I think these usually are sent out by the uneducated, the underage or under the equator. No matter, it is always some under kind of thing. laugh.gif

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 4 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.4%

> TOPIC: Am I A Sucker?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,