Precise Memory Through Brain Stimulation

Precise Memory Brain Stimulation - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 4th Jun, 2017 - 11:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Brain stimulation used like a scalpel to improve memory

For the first time, scientists have found that non-invasive brain stimulation can be used like a scalpel to affect a specific improvement in precise memory. Precise memory, rather than general memory, is critical for knowing the building you are looking for has a specific color, shape and location, rather than simply knowing the part of town it's in. Precise memory is crucial for normal functioning, and it is often lost in people with memory disorders. Ref. Source 9n.

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jan, 2017 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

Stimulation Brain Memory Precise

I think this is really cool. I have a really bad memory. I can generally remember that something happened, but the specifics of it often elude me. I have to leave things literally in the middle of my walking path so I don't forget them. My wife will ask me about things we have done together in the past, and I'll just give her a blank stare because I literally have no idea what she is talking about. These are all very frustrating experiences. Having technology out there that can help alleviate that and stimulate my brain to remember specific details better would be great. I know this is being developed for people with severe memory impairments like dementia, but I think it could also benefit the general population.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2017 - 10:16am / Post ID: #

Precise Memory Through Brain Stimulation Health & Special Psychology

Identifying genes key to human memory: Insights from genetics and cognitive neuroscience

Researchers have identified more than 100 genes important for memory in people. The study is among the first to identify correlations between gene data and brain activity during memory processing, providing a new window into human memory. It is part of the nascent but growing field of 'imaging genetics,' which aims to relate genetic variation to variation in brain anatomy and function. Ref. Source 4l.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2017 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

My memory is pretty good but I aid it with note taking and memory tricks. If I can further augment this someday with some kind of gene related therapy I'll be a memory monster! Okay, maybe not so much but I can see where this would be a huge help to many.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm not sure where I saw it, but I have seen a couple studies suggesting that elderly people who go to college and learn things, or otherwise just keep their brains active learning new material, are far less likely to suffer from Alzheimer's. In a psychology class I took we went over the connections the brain makes with information you learn. Our brains kind of work like a web, and as we learn our brain makes new connections to the webs and expands itself. Alzheimer's is basically the disintegration of this web, but as long as they keep using their memory through learning, the information won't disintegrate over time. (Rough summary of what we spent an hour discussing.)

I would love to read more studies about it.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2017 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have aseen something similar to that Nightlain. I am working on trying to learn something each day. IF I can do that I will be learning a lot. The only issue is that I am a blonde I may fill my brain up and start to lose stuff *laugh*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jun, 2017 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Precise Memory Brain Stimulation

Scientists try to crack the brain's memory codes. In a pair of studies, scientists explored how the human brain stores and retrieves memories. One study suggests that the brain etches each memory into unique firing patterns of individual neurons. Meanwhile, the second study suggests that the brain replays memories faster than they are stored. Ref. Source 7l.

> TOPIC: Precise Memory Through Brain Stimulation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,