Which Browser Are You Using?

Which Browser Using - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 16th Oct, 2003 - 11:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2003 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What internet browser are you using?  Why you like that one?

I use Netscape and I use my IE.  Just depends on which sites I'm surfing.  I like the pop-up blocker on the Netscape (And definitely the internet radio too wink.gif)  I have a pop-up blocker on my IE too.  It works pretty decent sometimes.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Oct, 2003 - 9:43am / Post ID: #

Using You Browser Which

People, it is so sad, Netscape will no longer be upgraded... Actually the announcement was made quite awhile now, but I only just came across it.

Although AOL claims it will continue to support Netscape, Mozilla apparently has another view. On July 18, Mozilla.org's Web site provided the following Status Update (https://www.mozilla.org/status/2003-07-18.html):

international QUOTE

RIP Netscape

On Tuesday, AOL Time Warner closed the Netscape browser division and laid off or reassigned most of the development team. AOL has agreed to donate Mozilla-related trademarks, the mozilla.org domain name, and equipment (Such as the mozilla.org servers) to the Mozilla Foundation. Some staff will be kept on for a couple of months to help with the transition.

While some Netscape developers will continue to contribute to Mozilla as volunteers, the team as a whole will be missed. Netscape made commercial browser development a reality and later showed the world that a major proprietary product could be successfully turned into an open source project. Messages from ex-Netscape employees can be found at ex-mozilla.org.
Source

4th Oct, 2003 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Which Browser Are You Using? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

international QUOTE
People, it is so sad, Netscape will no longer be upgraded... Actually the announcement was made quite awhile now, but I only just came across it.

Thank goodness! rolleyes.gif I hate using the Netscape browser.

7th Oct, 2003 - 8:28am / Post ID: #

Using You Browser Which

I use IE for some things, but I mostly use Opera.  It is a little buggy, crashes a good bit on my laptop, but it isn't Microsoft.

It's not that I hate Microsoft, it is that a lot of the hacks and viruses are designed specifically for MS products.  I use Foxmail for my mail client for the same reason.  Outlook has more features, but it is very susceptible to virus attacks.

I like the fact that under XP, Opera opens multiple windows within one window.  It offers tabs within the parent window to access the children.

I love Netscape, but only versions prior to 5.  Later versions tried to put too much into the program, which made it slow and buggy.

I use Proximitron, a free pop-up blocker, for both Opera and IE.  It sets up as a proxy server, but is very well-behaved and easy to configure.  It also stops "naughty" scripts.

NightHawk

9th Oct, 2003 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Using You Browser Which

LDS

international QUOTE
Thank goodness!!  I hate Netscape....

What are you talking about? This one of the most efficient browsers around, not to mention its own built in mail and compser features that make it top of the line. The main reason I like Netscape is because it puts me in control rather than the browser deciding what features, etc.

Nighthawk
international QUOTE
It's not that I hate Microsoft, it is that a lot of the hacks and viruses are designed specifically for MS products.

Exactly my point, thanks for saying that... (Hopes LDS is reading)

international QUOTE
I love Netscape, but only versions prior to 5.  Later versions tried to put too much into the program, which made it slow and buggy.

I use 7+ and it is fantastic, hardly crashes and very fast to me.

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2003 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

international QUOTE
What internet browser are you using? Why you like that one?

I use Netscape and I use my IE. Just depends on which sites I'm surfing.  I like the pop-up blocker on the Netscape (And definitely the internet radio too))  I have a pop-up blocker on my IE too.  It works pretty decent sometimes

I have both Netscape and IE and they both work really good  for me ;D.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Oct, 2003 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which Browser You Using

I have Netscape, IE and Opera.  I like IE the best, its compatable with almost every page,  Netscape is smoother but isn't compatable.  Opera is pretty good, just not use to it so i use IE.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2003 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Which Browser You Using Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I only use internet explorer from ms. It's easy and cheap and there is nothing wrong with ms I think. They make great software.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Which Browser Are You Using?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,