Best Martial Art

Best Martial Art - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 24th Mar, 2003 - 2:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
14th Mar, 2003 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art

user posted image

There are so many versions of defensive styles, here is a small list...

Aikido, Aiki-Jutsu, Ate-Waza-Kan Karate, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Budo, Budokan Karate, Bujinkan, Capoeira, Celebrities, Chakibo, Chayon-Ryu, Chen Taiji , Chi-Lin Chuan, Chinese Boxing, Chinese Medicine, Choi Kwang-Do , Choy-Lee-Fut, Dai Ki Haku, Daito Ryu, Danzan-Ryu, Ecclectic Martial Arts, Enshin Karate, European Martial Arts, Fencing Resources, Filipino Martial Arts, Fitness Sites, Genbukan, Goju-Ryu, Grappling, Gung-Ho Chuan, Hapkido, Holistic Health, Ho-Shin-Ryu, Hung Gar, Hwa Rang Do, I-kuan Tao, Il-Do-Kwan, Isshinryu Karate, Jeet Kune Do, Jitsu, Jiu Jitsu, Jubushikido, Judo, Jujitsu, Jujutsu, Kajukenbo, Karate, Kaze Arashi Ryu, Kempo, Kendo, Kenpo, Kenpo Bu-Jutsu, Kenpo-Jitsu, Kibusho, Kickboxing, Kissaki-Kai karate, Ko Am Mu Do, Koei-kan Karate , KoJuKai, Ko-Ken-Ryu Karate, Kola-Do Karate, Koo Karate, Koo Self Defense, Koryu bujutsu, Kosho Shorei Ryu, Krav Maga, Kuk Sool Won, Kun Tao, Kung Fu, Kungchido, Kung-Fu-San-Soo, Kuntao, Kyokushin Karate, Kyusho Jitsu, Lai-Do, Limalama, Lima-Lama, Mixed Martial Arts, Muay Thai, Naginata, Ninja, Ninjutsu, Ninpo-Ju Jutsu, Nisei Bujutsu, Kuntao, Okinawa Kenpo, Okinawan Budo, Okinawan Karate, Pekiti-Tirsia Kali, Pencak Silat Ratu Adil, Pentjak Silat Raja Sterlak, Praying Mantis Kung Fu, Qigong, Ryukyu Karate, Ryukyu Kempo, Samurai, Sanchin-Ryu Karate, Sanshinkai Karate, Search Engines, Seido Karate, Self Defense, Shaolin Kempo, Shen Chi Do, Shiatsu, Shinkendo, Shintaikido, Shito-Ryu, Shootfighting, Shorin_Ryu, Shorinji Kempo, Sho-Shin, Shotokan Karate, Shuri-Ryu, Songham Taekwondo, Stage Combat, Stick Fighting, Street Combat Karate, Sword Fighting, Tae Kwon Do, Tae Kwon Mu, Tai Chi, Taijutsu, Taiyo Washin Ryu, Tang Soo Do Karate, Tao, Thai Boxing, Training Camps, Uechi-Ryu, Ving Tsun Kung Fu, Wabujitsu, Wado Ryu Karate, Weapons Training, Wing Chun, Wing Tsun, Wushu, Wu-Tang Kung Fu, Xin Qi Shen, Xing Yi Quan, Xingyiquan, Yi Quan, Yoga, Youn Wha Ryu, Zen Chi Ryu, Zujitsu

You probably want to select a mixture or certain style, BUT this question relates to the ones listed in the poll. Of course share your views about other styles as you wish.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2003 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Art Martial Best

This is soooo relative.
There is probably no truly accurate answer to it.

However, as an opinion based on practical matters, I would have to vote for Aikido.

The reason being that, despite what the movies show us, most fights are very dangerous, and you always run the risk of being maimed or killed.

Plus, two men are not going to stand around trading punches, taking hammer-like blows and shaking them off.

The   fundamental premise of Aikido is NEVER GET HIT! I like that.

The other very practical part of the art is, letting your opponent commit, then using his own momentum to take him down and let his own weight break something, usually a joint. That ends a fight right then and there.

Each style has its own strengths and shortcomings. But when you hit the street, kata goes by the wayside and survival is a matter of split-second reaction.

The moves of Aikido are compact and swift.

That's my two cents worth.

14th Mar, 2003 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Well, I am very ignorant in this subject but I am really interested in doing some kind of martial art. Any suggestions guys? I'm looking for something that will help me for self-defense purposes only. I don't care about the fancy moves as long as it can be useful in time of danger. Near my home they're giving classes of Taekwondo...is that good? any suggestions? Thanks

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2003 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Art Martial Best

My vote is for Ninjutsu. I ,if forced to fight, would rather go on the offensive.  This is an art that ninja is derived from. A well trained mind, soul, and body  is benificall if  controled. The big word is control. A martial artist that is not in control of his emotions can only be detramental to himself.  I  believe that  a fight can be defused if your guicker with your mind than  to raise your fists. Most fights that invovle people wanting to do real harm can only be dealt with one way.  I think it is a good art, but a well trained martial artist is a force to be reckoned with no matter what art they use. 8)

24th Mar, 2003 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

Art Martial Best

My vote is for Ninjutsu.

Ninjitsu seems to relly a lot on stealth and is not an art form for the lay person. However if a fit and trim person (not a potbelly) studies it they have something worth their time in the dojo/gym.

In the past I have studied traditional karate, various versions of karate mixed with jujitsu and wrestling. I think it is good to learn a bit of each art form, this way nothing surprises you. I think Judo is very important as well as most fighters are weak on the ground.

I would have to vote for Aikido.

I never thought about this art form. I will research it. Stranger, in the military which form do they use? Or is it based on what the instructor knows?

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2003 - 10:51am / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Best Martial Art

JB,
The military uses no martial art per se, but use techniques taken from Judo and Jujitsu. They have developed their own hand-to-hand methods, but don't emphasize them heavily, except in certain Special Forces branches.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Mar, 2003 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art

Stranger - then I guess a person that is expert in in his own martial art form and then joins the military will have an advantage over the others in hand to hand? Do they allow such individuals the freedom of expressing their own knowledge of martial arts or are they ordered to use what the military thinks is best?

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2003 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

Best Martial Art
A Friend

Best Martial Art Movies Music Fashion & Sports

A definate advantage- sometimes.
I had a friend who was a San Dan in Shotokan who got the living **** kicked out of him by a DI. He thought he was going to show the DI a thing or two in drill, but the DI was a combat-experienced, very tough guy. In just about three seconds he hurt Lewis REAL bad.

In drills they would stick to the normal routine, but are not discouraged from keeping up their own discipline.
In combat one doesn't get into all that. Hand-to-hand is rare in today's warfare.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Best Martial Art

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,