Shooting At Members Of Congress

Shooting Members Congress - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th Jun, 2017 - 2:41am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Reports: U.S. Rep. Steve Scalise and other persons shot at baseball practice in Alexandria, Va. A man with a rifle opened fire at a group of members of Congress Wednesday morning at a baseball practice in Alexandria, Va., Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., told CNN. Brooks, who said he witnessed the shooting, said Republican Majority Whip Steve Scalise was wounded. Alexandria Police reported a multiple shooting with a suspect in custody. This is a developing story. Ref. USAToday.

Sponsored Links:
14th Jun, 2017 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Congress Members Shooting

Rep. Steve Scalise was shot and being treated. There is a suspect in custody but no details have been released. This will lead to major security upgrades for all Congressmen.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shooting At Members Of Congress History & Civil Business Politics

This is all over the news here. It happened not too far from my office. It is a crazy world we live in now when you can get shot at a local baseball field while practicing. And that the guy had the audacity to ask if they were Republicans or Democrats and then started shooting. Crazy.

14th Jun, 2017 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

Besides Rep. Steve Scalise being hit an aide, and some cops were also injured in the shoot out. They are still keeping the name and details of the gunman secret. This was a charity ball game!

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Flipflop,

This was actually practice for the charity event. And that makes it likely someone with insider knowledge let this information slip out about where the practice was being held. I mean, the charity event is big news, but a practice leading up to it is not. How did the shooter find out about it?

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2017 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Rep. Steve Scalise is in critical condition after surgery, according to the hospital. Scalise, the GOP House Whip, was among five people shot at an early-morning practice for a charity baseball game in Alexandria, Virginia.

The shooter is reported dead. James T. Hodgkinson was a small-business owner in Illinois who defined himself publicly by his hatred of conservatives and President Trump.

Hodgkinson was also a firm supporter of Sen. Bernie Sanders' progressive politics, spinning the attack into a political football. Many lawmakers, however, expressed messages of unity.

"I am sickened by this despicable act," Sanders said in a statement. "Let me be as clear as I can be. Violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms."

House Speaker Paul Ryan and Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi both gave speeches of unity to applause on the floor of the House of Representatives. "An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us," Ryan said. Ref. CNN.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shooting Members Congress

I saw some posts here and there by those on the left that were simply outrageous. None from people in Congress. But there were posts from news people, organizers, celebrities, etc. They demonstrate how low our society has sunk. They demonstrate intolerance from the very people who preach tolerance. They can be tolerant of gays, Muslims, cross dressers, and all sorts of others, but they can't be tolerant of Republicans. I fear for this country.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shooting Members Congress Politics Business Civil & History

Ninja, I agree with you. There are some truly hateful people. I wish both sides would calm down. If you constantly stoke the fires with hateful speech and call the other side Nazi's it encourages things like this. After all, if someone is a Nazi or literally Hitler then anything is justified right? There is a lot of very dangerous rhetoric being thrown around.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Shooting At Members Of Congress

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,