Closed
ROK II Text RPG Character 280
18th Jul, 2017 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Brokenfang
(+)

Kyler the Ranger

Kyler, a girl who stands at a sturdy 5 foot 9 inches and weighs 154 lbs, with a toned body type, her body being the product of her training and the effects of becoming a blacksmith's apprentice at a young age. She has reddish brown hair that she gets from her mother and averaged sized jade green eyes that she gets from her father. Her skin is lightly tanned with a complexion that reflects the days under the summer sun and time spent around the forge crafting, over all she was a beautiful girl with character.

Her childhood was an interesting one, she discovered many things about herself and others. Working for the blacksmith and training with others whom had been friends of her family or ones she made herself. It was tragic when her mother passed, but Kyler accepted it. Instead of greiving for her mother by becoming depressed she became determined to become something great. To make her mother proud of her.

Kyler wants to become something great to people, to be known as hero like in the stories, so to start that she takes up a trade in being a bodyguard. To Kyler having friends and allies is important but has high expectations from them, being loyalty and honor is a must have. That sort of thing.

To become the next Ruler of Kings, Kyler intendeds to form alliances while gaining her power and strength through determination, hard work, and learning from all the people and experiences she goes through.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jul, 2017 - 3:36am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Brokenfang
(+)

Ranger Kyler

Advisor Description

Kyler met Riley in the most unexpected and cliche sort of situation. It was later in the evening, Kyler had just finished a previous job and left the tavern to go on a walk. The day's events had been a little rough on her, leaving young Kyler in a down state. On her walk she ran into some men who work with her in the body guard business. One of them being Jet, a self proclaimed 'rival' of Kyler's who had a tendency to be very aggressive towards her for no apparent, or at least obvious, reasoning. Maybe it was because of her skills or reputation? Who knew at this point. Anyway, her rival and his group of 4 caught sight of Kyler and approached her. They insulted her and tried their hardest to get under her skin. Their attempts were proven ineffective when Kyler gave them a clearly bored but witty comeback and began to walk away from the group. More than aggravated by Kyler's 'attitude' they started a fight with her. One on One Kyler could take them but as a group she was overwhelmed and inexperienced.

Luckily for Kyler, someone has called some guards and sent them to help Kyler. They pulled the drunken men off an away from Kyler. The one who called the guards approached Kyler carefully and helped her stand in order for her to walk home. The girl was a few inches shorter than Kyler, had long wavy black hair and stormy grey eyes. She had the look of a sharp and fine woman. Her outfit consisted of fitted leather pants, a loose cotton blouse, a fitted leather corset/vest with a fluffy fur collar, a belt around her waist, some long leather gloves, and boots that ended a few inches above her knee.

After a little bit of walking Kyler gain a little more of a sense of was happening. She began to question the girl who was helping her walk home. Wait a minute, how did she know where Kyler lived!? The girl chuckled. I can see your confusion Kyler. I will explain all to you when we reach your home. You can call me Riley though. She said. Kyler wanted to question her more but let it go. She seemed nice enough to help her out and all. When they reached Kylers home, Riley helped her set down and tended to her injuries. Then she began to explain who she was after she was patched up.

You know my name is Riley already. I am your older step sister on your father's side, you never met me because I left not long before you were born to learn magic with witches in a far off land. I heard about you a little though from letters me and your father exchanged over the years. He sent me to come look for you and help you out on your journey. I have been watching you for a short while now. I didnt know anything about you so I wanted to learn about you a little before meeting you, to see if you would be ok with meeting me or not. I would of come to you sooner but I was a little nervous and had no idea how to confront you. Forgive me if my actions seem a little… odd. Riley explained to Kyler, who was sitting on her cot just watching and listening.

Riley was beginning to grow nervous by Kyler's silence. Her nerves were put to rest when suddenly she was pulled into an embrace started by none other than Kyler. Riley hugged her back gratefully. Kyler had felt alone for so long since she left home, since her mother died. Knowing that her father who seemingly disappeared after so long still supported her at least in the slightest. I am happy you're here Riley. Its nice to know I still have some family that can be by my side. Kyler was overjoyed that she had someone like Riley who had come to offer her guidance. Riley was happy too, to finally meet her step sister who she heard about from her father while she was away traveling.

From that day on Kyler had the support and love of her step sister Riley. Kyler was going to become ruler of kings, and no doubt Riley would be by her sisters side helping her out in every and all ways she could.

23rd Aug, 2017 - 12:29am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Brokenfang
(+)

Kyler the Ranger Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Reflections on your mother

I find it odd what dreams can bring to us. Old or new thoughts, ideas, perspectives… memories. That is what my dreams brought to me tonight. I dreamed of a time long ago, before I left home to embark on a journey that I sometimes question even now. I remembered it being a bright spring day and I was laying in the tall green grass on the rolling hills close to the woods next to my hometown. It felt so real. Like I really was there when I had fewer worries and didn't quite understand the path that I one day would start down. I believe I was about the age of twelve in this memory. Sitting up in the grass I felt confused, I was actually lucid when I saw this, I wondered where I was and what was going on around me. But my confusion was wiped away when from behind me I heard a voice call out to me.

"Kyler, my darling, come here and join me." She said.

It only took me a moment to turn around and realize who the voice belonged to. It was my mother, for whom which I missed greatly. A smile so big and bright spread across my face as I picked myself up from the grass and ran to her side to envelope her in the biggest hug I could muster up.

"My sweet child what has you all excited? It is only just me." She laughed lightly while equally returning the embrace.

"I just love you mom, I am always happy to see you." I answered her.

My mother was always a good woman, tried to help me better myself by any means she saw fit. She never did wrong by that though. I remember the few days I was allowed to relax from all the training and teachings where I would spend as much time with her as possible. Sometimes I couldn't be with her but when I was I saw a different side to her, a side that wasn't focused on my advancing path to become some great ruler. She was wise and knowledgeable, had a heart the size of a mountain, she knew compassion and love that now I rarely ever see. She treated everyone with respect no matter who or what they are. There would be times where she would tell me stories about her younger days or stories of magic and adventure. Sometimes that's what I craved… The freedom to become an adventurer. Free of the responsibilities and free to run wild across the land seeking riches of all kinds. It was something about how my mother spoke of the stories that really brought them to life even though they were mostly myths. That was just the thing about my mother, she was a mystery and yet not at the same time. How could no one not love her? She had everything that made her just perfect. It is times like this that my heart aches. I want to see her again. I wish she were here with me now, helping me and just being there for me as she was for me.

I guess not all wishes can be true though. But that's ok with me.

25th Aug, 2017 - 2:24am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Brokenfang
(+)

Ranger Kyler

The day that was once seemingly normal had turned solemn and grim. Rain fell from the sky as a small group gathered around, but not to close, to an unlit funeral pyre. Atop of the pyre was the wrapped up body of young Kyler. No one quite knew what happened to her, all they really knew was that she dragged herself from somewhere heavily wounded and found by a villager who tried their best to get Kyler to a healer. Ultimately, she never healed from her injuries. During the time she was found to the time she died all she would be rambling what seemed to be utter nonsense about the Labyrinth and seeing some sort of strange beast. To most people it seemed tragic that someone so young went out with insanity, all but one. Her step sister Riley heard word of her beloved step sister and instantly understood what might of happened to her.

Riley was at the pyre now, a torch in one hand. Once the few people who were friends of Kyler left their parting gifts at the base of the pyre or just some farewell words Riley stepped forward. With tears in her eyes she approached were Kyler now lay under the grey rainy sky. Funny, Kyler always loved the rain. It was like the rain was a friend to Kyler now here to see her off into the other life.

"I know we never knew each other long Kyler, and I am so so sorry....that I never showed up sooner to help you. You were destined for so much more than this. I wish I could do more for you...dear sister." She said.

From her pocket she pulled out a necklace with a wooden ring tied through it. The ring itself was a black ebony wood with runes engraved on the inside of it and a green and blue gems on opposite sides of the ring. The ring wasn't magic really, but it did have meaning to it.

"Kyler. Take this as a token to where ever your path may take you now." Riley said before placing the token a long with the other gifts.

Finally it was time to light the fire. With a shakey hand Riley begun to lean the torch forward towards the pyre, she almost let it go too early when suddenly a force kept the torch steady in her hand. It felt like someone was there with their hand on hers, but they were unseen. Looking around and taking a breath Riley continued not letting herself forget that feeling. The fire lit and consumed the entire pyre from top to bottom. It's brilliant light brought warmth to the area, but it did not erase the cold feelings of loss and sadness. Kyler was too young to die and in such a mysterious way. It was too terrible. As the funeral came to a close the fire still blazed on. Only Riley stayed behind to watch it all go out along with her sister. Though she couldn't shake off that feeling from earlier.

'I didn't think you would forget it, Riley.' A distant voice echoed in Rileys head.

Riley ,surprised, spun around left and right to find the source of the voice. Who was it!? Where did the come from!? She looked back towards the pyre while taking heavy breaths.

"Who's there...show yourself!?" Riley called out.

Suddenly from behind someone took a hold of her hand and called Riley's name gently. Slowly and a bit fearfully Riley turned, the voice now sounding more familiar. Once she was fully turned around her suspicions were confirmed and caused her to be more confused. There standing calmly behind her was a translucent Kyler, dressed simply in her boots that reached up to her mid calves, dark grey trousers, a navy blue hooded long sleeve shirt, and a black sleeveless leather jerkin. Her face held the recent scars from her final days but held the same light as she did when she was alive. Around her neck was the token Riley left in the pyre for her. She looked so calm right now, it was quite a shock to Riley indeed.

"You're here...?"Riley questioned while tightening her grip on Kylers hand slightly.

'Not quite no. I'm sorry, Riley. I didn't mean to let this happen so soon.' Kyler said with a sad frown on her face.

"Don't apologies Kyler, there wasn't anything you could do. How is this possible....you're gone...?" Riley said with more tears in her eyes.

'I asked to have a chance to give you my last words. The spirits let me have a chance to tell you what happened. I didn't want you to be left guessing about what really happened to me. And I wanted to say goodbye.' Kyler explained taking both of Riley's hands into her's. She was going to miss her sister a lot.

Riley nodded for her to go on. She didn't want Kyler to waste her time and not be able to say all that she needed to say.

'I was so stupid Riley, running into that maze unprepared. I thought I could get stronger if I did. But I was so so wrong, there were so many monsters down there and I just...couldn't take them all on my own. In the end I was over run by some beast. I can't remember what it was exactly. Some type of serpent. I remember that something came in though, another beast that I thought was going to end me there and then but it ended up battling the other and winning. It defended me. Then it took me back to the entrance of the labyrinth, it was warm and fuzzy...gentle even. I didn't know what was going on and once I was at the entrance it let me off there and I crawled my way out.' Kyler said and took a breath tears now forming in her eyes.

Riley was in the same spot Kyler was, slowly Riley took her hands from Kylers grip and tried to embrace her in a hug. Surprisingly enough it worked. Kyler returned it ten fold and held her step sister close.

"I am so sorry Kyler I should have done more for you. Now you're gone." Riley said with a quiver.

A sad smile formed on Kyler's face as she gently reached up and pet Rileys hair lovingly. 'The ones who love us never really leave us, Riley. You can always find them close by.' Kyler explained. Kylers gaze went to the pyre as she saw movement coming from around side it. Seeing what it was made Kyler smile. 'Hey look.' Kyler said quietly.

Riley let go of Kyler for a moment to see what Kyler was looking at. It was the beast that brought Kyler to the surface. It was a huge black direwolf with greenish yellow eyes. It looked docile, slightly swaying it's tail before slowly approaching the duo. It's ears flicked as it stopped and looked between both Kyler and Riley. Kyler smiled at the massive hound genuinely.

'Thank you for bringing me back to my sister. I wouldn't of gotten out with out your kindness.' Kyler said.

The direwolf bowed its head slightly before going up to Kyler and rubbing its head into her chest affectionately. It turned to Riley and did the same showing its affection towards them both. It was strange to see such a creature be so kind and accepting of them. Riley was a bit surprised but scratched the top of its head.

" I thank you to for bringing Kyler back." She said with a sad smile.

The wolf let out a small short howl for them both. Kyler and Riley chuckled at the wolf. It was a beautiful and intelligent creature indeed. Kyler let out a slow breath before turning back to Riley.

'Riley, It's time for me to go soon.' Kyler stated.

Riley nodded solemnly. "I know..."

Kyler leaned forward and gave her another hug before kissing her forehead softly. She oulled away. 'For the short while I knew you Riley, you have been the best sister I have ever had.I wish I had more time as me now.' Kyler stated with a sad smile.

Riley looked to Kyler confused by her last statement. "What do you mean 'as you now'?" Riley questioned.

'No one really dies Riley. They come back, sometimes as themselves or sometimes they come back and start over. I came back too many times as myself is all. Now it's time for me to leave and come back as someone new.' Kyler explained. A thoughtful look came over her face before she made another statement.

'Riley, try to find me again. If you can. You too.' She said addressing her new wolf friend. 'Find me and help me, no matter how I turn out there is no one else I would trust more than the two of you. I may not be this me may not be ' Kyler said.

Riley shed a few more tears before tears before nodding. "I will I promise you. How will I find you though?" Riley questioned curiously.

Kyler stroked her chin in thought before an idea came to mind. Her hand reached for the necklace. 'This, no matter how many times I cycle into a new life this necklace will find it's way to me.' Kyler quickly walked over to the fire and reached in. The gifts were burned but there among the ash was the remains of the necklace. At her touch it reformed as if nothing had ever happened to it. 'Follow this and it will show you the way. I promise.' Kyler vowed with all her heart.

Riley smiled at her promise, She hoped that it would be true. Kyler took the necklace and placed it around the direwolfs neck. 'Send it off and it will find it's way friend.' Kyler instructed before wrapping her arms around its neck in a hug.

Then Kyler stood and let out a heavy sigh. 'It's time for me to go now. I am sad to leave really I am. But I look forward to seeing you both again.' Kyler finished with a sad smile.

In that moment the wind picked up, sending a small amount of rain and leaves towards Kyler. Slowly small flakes of Kylers figures broke off and fluttered away. All the while she smiled at Riley and her new direwolf friend. Riley shed more tears and quickly went to reach out for Kyler one last time. As the last flakes broke away Kyler spoke.

'Goodbye.'

Then she was gone. Riley grasped at nothing and finally her composure broke. She fell to her knees and sobbed into her hands. "KYLER!!!!" She screamed in sadness. The direwolf's ears fell flat against its head with a small whine escaping its jaws. It slinked over to Riley's side to comfort her. It gently poke its nuzzle to Riley's chin and nuzzle her. In turn Riley's swiftly turned and enveloped the Direwolf with a tight hug while continuing to sob into it's dark coat. It raised it's head and released a long, sorrowful howl to let the world know that they suffered a loss today. The let the world know of their pain in the here and now. To let the world know...that a great light has gone out this grey day.

But this light would not stay extinguished. No. This light would return.

This light will come back to guide the world into a new age.

To achieve the goal it was destined to accomplish.

To for fill the promises it was sworn to the day it first lit.

To become the Ruler of Kings.

So rest easy for now Kyler. Your time is not yet over. For now you can rest, you will return sooner than you think.

> TOPIC: Kyler the Ranger

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,