US Military In Mediterranean

Us Military Mediterranean - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Jul, 2017 - 4:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2012 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

U.S. Considers Increasing Military Presence in Mediterranean:

Senior U.S. Military officials are considering increasing the American military presence in the Mediterranean because of what they see as growing instability in recent months. "This is post-Benghazi," one military official told CNN. "We're looking at instability in Libya, Egypt, Syria and now Israel and Gaza." Ref. Source 1

US Military In Mediterranean (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2017 - 2:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mediterranean Military US

I am moving this to here as this seems to be more of the place to discuss what our military is doing in the middle east to include Syria instead of talking about John McClain and his failure. We are in Syria for no good reason. We do not need to split the world with Russia as it is not going to work out no matter what. Even Russia will not win in Syria and it will be its own sovereign nation after the civil war once again. We have more pressing issues in the middle east.

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2017 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

US Military In Mediterranean History & Civil Business Politics

KN,

There are those who would disagree with you.

First, there are those who think that allowing Russia to have influence in the Middle East is a terrible idea. I agree with that to a degree. I believe Putin hates the US because we won the Cold War which led to the dissolution of the Russian Empire… also called the USSR. He sees that as one of the greatest geopolitical tragedies of the modern age and has said so. We caused that. So, I think Putin wants to do us harm anywhere he can… the Middle East would be a great place to do that.

Second, there are those who think it's our business to stick our noses into anywhere in the world where people are being wronged. Senator McCain is one of these. He would have us dethrone every petty dictator who wrongs his people… which will become ridiculously expensive very quickly. I understand that mindset and I disagree with it. We do not have the national treasure to fix every ill in the world. We certainly can't send our soldiers everywhere something bad happens… they'll never be home.

So, what I'm saying is there are very real geopolitical concerns at stake in Syria. No, they don't have anything we need. But they are neighbors to three countries that do have strategic resources we need and also to our closest ally in the region. They themselves may not have any value… but their location makes them valuable. That is why I think we need to be there. But again, I am definitely in the minority in this regard and I could easily have my mind changed. This is not a place with good options whether we stay or go.

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2017 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mediterranean Military US

I think that right now the country of Lebanon is more of a threat to our friends in the middle east than Syria is now while they are in a civil war. Wait till the civil war is over then see what remains of Syria.
Now with Lebanon you have a known terrorist organization that is in charge of the whole country. They are direct neighbors to Israel and that is a issue that many people are ignoring. I would think that Lebanon is the main factor to the unrest in the middle east next to Isis.

> TOPIC: US Military In Mediterranean

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,