Species

Species - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 3rd May, 2016 - 1:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Types of...
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2005 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Species

No one knows for sure the number of species of life that can be found on planet Earth, but some humans have tried to estimate that it may be anywhere in the range of 10 million to 30 million. Of that number 2 million forms of life have been named and categorized, with 200,000 being the number of which we have more in-depth knowledge. Do you think we are yet to discover a species of life so unlike anything we have seen before?.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2005 - 8:01am / Post ID: #

Species
A Friend

Species

I think that if we discover life that is totally different from what we have seen now, it will be in the trenches in the ocean where we have yet to be able to explore. There are perhaps some parts of jungle islands not yet discovered that could yield different species yet. But of the known earth, I doubt we will see anything new that is truly spectacular. The newest surprised will have to come from places that are unexplored. This would mean either unknown places, or places we cannot reach right now.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2005 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Species
A Friend

Species UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I agree, I'm thinking that if we do find anything very different from what is already known, it will be in unexplored areas, like the bottom of my ocean, or the space under my bed.

It would be really neat though if some strange creatures were discovered. Watching japanese movies makes me wish that we actually had some of the fantastic creatures that they imagine up.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2009 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Species

Extinction hits 'whole families'

Groups of closely-related species are likely to become extinct at the same time, according to research. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 3rd May, 2016 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Species

Earth may be home to one trillion species

Earth could contain nearly 1 trillion species, with only one-thousandth of 1 percent now identified, according to a study from biologists. The estimate is based on the intersection of large datasets and universal scaling laws. Ref. Source 9g.

> TOPIC: Species

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,