War Veteran And Combat Writings

War Veteran Combat Writings - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 28th Nov, 2016 - 2:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Jan, 2006 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

War Veteran And Combat Writings

This website is dedicated to veterans and friends of veterans all over the world. It is maintained by an Australian veteran of the Vietnam war, Anthony W. Pahl. Recently, for his work with veterans, Mr. Paul was awarded the Order of Australia, an auspicious award indeed. Source 4c

This is from their Welcome Page:

international QUOTE
The International War Veterans' Poetry Archives (IWVPA) website is a living and growing memorial, dedicated to all warriors who paid the supreme sacrifice for their Country during all occasions where, whilst wearing the uniform of their country, they were placed in harm's way.

To those warriors who have passed on since, and to those who gave their youth, their health and their peace of mind in the fight for freedom, particularly the freedom of speech, these Eternal writings are also for you.

WE THANK YOU
AND WE ASK YOUR GOD TO BLESS YOU

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." ~ Orwell

And here is a sampling of some of the poetry you may find there:
international QUOTE

MICHAEL E. TANK
Recipient of the
"Bronze Helmet"
Top Poet Award of Excellence
January 2005

"HEROES"

... However it is not only that these men fought and died there
For which Iwo Jima is held in such high regard
But rather the manner in which they struggled through this hellish nightmare
In their determination, courage, bravery and selflessness

Admiral Nimitz forever honored these men when he stated,
"Uncommon Valor, Was A Common Virtue"
These words now etched in gold on the Memorial wall
Were emphasized by the 27 Medals of Honor awarded on that island

Now finally here, so intent was I to capture this moment
To save on film this visit to a place I have waited for so long to go
That I rushed around the walkway, snapping picture after picture
When I realized that I had not even looked with naked eye upon the statue itself

The camera dropped to my side
As I gazed upward at the towering bronze figures
Of the five Marines and one Navy Corpsman
Frozen forever in their eternal struggle to raise our flag…

Sponsored Links:
16th Feb, 2006 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Writings Combat Veteran War

This is good thought provoking poetry. Having not the honor of picking up a weapon in defense of my country I will not know what it is like to truly fight for freedom, and so I have due respect to those who layed down their lives for my sake. Honoring them through prose gives a calming ceremonial-like aura to their memory, and more especially from a country whose service is underrated in many wars of both yester year and today.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2016 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

War Veteran And Combat Writings UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

'A war within myself': USA TODAY documents one veteran's struggle for a life after combat

This is the story of one combat veteran's desperate fight against the self-destructive urges pulsing through a generation of men and women who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. Through a series of interviews, an examination of a thousand pages of medical files and a review of Sgt. Brandon Ketchum's extensive journals, USA TODAY gained rare insight into what he called "A war within myself." Ref. USAToday.

> TOPIC: War Veteran And Combat Writings

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,