Society For Creative Anachronism

Society Creative Anachronism - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Aug, 2016 - 1:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

22nd Aug, 2016 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Has anyone had any experience with the Society for Creative Anachronism? They basically try to maintain the medieval way of life.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 18 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.8%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2016 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anachronism Creative Society

I know people who do this and have a lot of fun with it. I have not joined as I just did not get into it. I think I am too old now to do some of it. It is still interesting to see. I plan on going to some renaissance fairs this year again.

22nd Aug, 2016 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Society For Creative Anachronism History & Civil Business Politics

Is it about keeping the tradition and old technology alive or do they have some kind of cultist aspect to it where they believe we should live like that?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 18 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.8%

22nd Aug, 2016 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

I have joined the kingdom in Australia (The society is split up by region) and been to a few events. It's just like minded people who are interested in history hanging out together to recreate and immerse themselves in those times. There are many historians in the society who research their projects thoroughly and try to create medieval and ancient 'pieces' (Be they for war, art, science or consumption). However, there are also less serious members who are just there for the fighting and get by on minimum dress code. There's certainly a place for everyone with an interest.

It may appear so from the outside, but it's definitely not a cult (Though, that's what a cult would say). It's a bit more like a gang.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 1 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.1%

23rd Aug, 2016 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

This is purely for fun then and I'm guessing that membership requires you to contribute so the equipment can be supplied and place kept to do it? I can see historical societies funding this as well.

> TOPIC: Society For Creative Anachronism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,