Is The Way Your Character Seen Correct?

Is Character Correct - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 10th Jan, 2017 - 12:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard

31st Dec, 2016 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

When you attempt to give your roleplaying character a specific personality do other players take it as you want them to see it or not?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2017 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Correct Character Way Is

Sometimes they do. It depends upon what you are trying to portray. Some things are harder to convey than others. If I really get a character the group usually understands what I'm portraying. Sometimes I create a character that I can't connect with. Those are the ones that I have problems getting the personality across to the group.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2017 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is The Way Your Character Seen Correct? Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think "Sometimes" is going to be the defining answer here. As Kyr mentions, some concepts are harder to portray than others, even if they connect with the character well.

The medium makes a difference as well, since coming here, I've been forced to realize I rely on body language a lot. On the other hand, I don't have to worry about my voice sounding entirely out of place.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Jan, 2017 - 12:12am

5th Jan, 2017 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Correct Character Way Is

I think a lot of the time my character's sarcasm or humor is misinterpreted as an attack when all I am trying to do is add a little flavor to what would be an otherwise robotic game.

6th Jan, 2017 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Correct Character Way Is

Honestly I am not fully sure, as much like myself I am not very good at figuring out what others think of what I do, say, or in the case of roleplaying give personality to my characters. Normally, in such cases I would need to ask the other players.

Most likely, I could see myself needing to explain what I am going for and seeing if that matches up with their own perception of my character based on how I am roleplaying them.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2017 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

It's not necessarily a bad thing if the other players don't see your character as you intend. That is pretty true to life. A lot of people are seen by others differently than they feel they are. Think of the most annoying people that you know. I guarantee that they don't think they are and probably don't intend to be like that. They wouldn't understand why people would think that. Just a thought.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2017 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Is Way Character Correct

Fair enough, though such is something I worry about in real life. So I could see the same applying to my characters to an extend, as the thought of my character not being seen correctly is at least a little bit of a concern.

I don't see myself as a good judge of my own character when it comes to how others see me, so perhaps same could be said involving my characters. It may not be a bad thing, but it can be something that I think on at times.

10th Jan, 2017 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Is Way Character Correct Board Card & RPG Reviews

I am not sure if my character is taken in the correct light but since I selfishly play for myself and not for others it is not something I consider as important.

> TOPIC: Is The Way Your Character Seen Correct?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,