Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

Dungeons & Dragons Reviewed
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2010 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Detect Magic Spell

Detect Magic Spell

Detect Magic Description: You detect magical auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

1st Round: Presence or absence of magical auras.

2nd Round: Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.

More: D&D Spells for Detect Magic

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Oct, 2010 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Detect Magic Spell
A Friend

Spell Magic Detect

I believe this should be a spell every one who has magic has. This is a staple in any campaign to know if something is magical or not. That way you better know how to divide the treasure found.

10th Feb, 2016 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Detect Magic Spell Reviews RPG & Card Board

Really cannot see a magician walking into the mage's dungeon not having a basic spell like this. Picture: Someone asks the party's magician if he knows if a certain area has magic, he replies, "Sorry I am a magic-user but cannot tell if magic is there...".

10th Feb, 2016 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Spell Magic Detect

I prefer to just make 'Detect Magic' a function of skills. Perception to notice the 'presence' magic, normally by none visual cues. I tend to run it as tactile. The feel of magic makes your hairs stand on end like static. Then Knowledge Arcana or Spellcraft to really analyze the aura to know more about it.

The spell 'Detect Magic' streamlines that analysis, making it much quicker and easier.

Making the detection of magic the sole province of that spell, makes it just seems like a spell tax. Not taking the spell is sort of ludicrous in those sorts of situations.

10th Feb, 2016 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

Spell Magic Detect

international QUOTE
The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

If you follow what the guide says then the player would have to state they clearly want to dwell on an object / area. Might give room for a Dungeon Master trying to be hard to say, "You did not see the magic trap because you did not focus on that area long enough."

> TOPIC: Detect Magic Spell

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,