Hosting Racist Web Sites

Hosting Racist Web Sites - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 8th Sep, 2017 - 7:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Should web hosts allow their customers to put any political or racial stance they want online?
Hosting Racist Web Sites Related Information to Hosting Racist Web Sites
Post Date: 15th Aug, 2017 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Hosting Racist Web Sites

White supremacist rally could be tipping point for tech's tolerance for hate speech. A rise in domestic hate groups is intensifying pressure on GoDaddy, Twitter, Google and others to put a lid on U.S. Extremist sites. Source 8e.

Sponsored Links:
31st Aug, 2017 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

Sites Web Racist Hosting

I don't know 100% what a racial stance is but I do know that someone has an opinion based of someone's race, that there just wrong. I don't believe in white supremacist! Why does the color of someone's skin mean anything in the buesness world!

8th Sep, 2017 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Hosting Racist Web Sites Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Allowing the hosting of such things is like saying you agree with it. There should be clauses against it. If they want to host racist content then they can get their own host.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Hosting Racist Web Sites
A Friend

Sites Web Racist Hosting

No, it's nothing like saying you agree with it. When we start letting companies decide what they will and will not host then we allow them to institute a form of censorship. Where does it end? What happens when the pendulum swings the other way and the right gets more power, will everyone be comfortable with companies not allowing pro abortion sites to post content because they are considered child murderers? I'm not saying I think that, I'm saying what if? As long as the content isn't unlawfully inciting violence then it is covered by free speech. If it is advocating something unlawful then it should investigated and the perpetrators arrested.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Hosting Racist Web Sites
A Friend

Sites Web Racist Hosting

That is the main thing about free speech and keeping it free. Some of the content that you will see will not be something you agree with. Nothing says you have to visit that site or support it. The fact that we have free speech in this nation and we all want to see that be part of our culture we will see stuff that we disagree with and would not want to see again. Just move on ignore it and let them be who they are. As long as they are not breaking a law or harming others it is easy to ignore them.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Hosting Racist Web Sites
A Friend

Hosting Racist Web Sites

That is so frightening about this nation now. In the past people believed in allowing free speech even if it is disagreeable. Now people don't even want it allowed. Freedom of speech is one of the bedrocks of this country. It especially covers speech like this. Speech that offends no one and isn't controversial needs no protection.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Sep, 2017 - 7:43pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Sep, 2017 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Hosting Racist Web Sites

If you want to be technical: hosting is a business like a rental agency. The owner (Server) buys some real estate and allows you to park there for a fee. If the owner doesn't like what you're doing there then the owner can kick you out. No one is stopping freedom of speech. You don't like the terms and conditions of a server then you go to the next one or better yet start your own.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2017 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Hosting Racist Web Sites
A Friend

Hosting Racist Web Sites Computer Issues & Video Gaming

That is true. What if all servers do the same thing? That would be a problem. What is hypocritical is that many of these companies want to bar hate speech from the so called right but I would almost guarantee that they allow hate speech on their server if it is on the left. If the hate speech pushes their agenda they are okay with it.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Hosting Racist Web Sites

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,