Hurricane Harvey

Hurricane Harvey - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 25th Aug, 2017 - 11:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Discuss  Hurricane Harvey
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Hurricane Harvey

Harvey has strengthened to a Category 2 hurricane, with maximum sustained winds of 100 mph, the National Weather Service says.

Highways in Texas filled with cars Thursday into the night as coastal residents made their way north and out of the path of a hurricane that forecasters say will bring "Life-threatening" amounts of rain.

Some areas could get as many as 35 inches of rain from Hurricane Harvey and many will get more than a foot, forecasters from the National Hurricane Center say.

Harvey is rapidly becoming more powerful and is forecast to become a Category 3 hurricane with winds of at least 111 mph by the time it hits the middle Texas coast late Friday or early Saturday, the hurricane center says.

After hitting Corpus Christi, the storm is expected to stall over the state, forecasters say. Ref. CNN

Image from Google.org.

Hurricane Harvey
Hurricane Harvey (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Harvey Hurricane

Yeah, it's the stalling part that's adding to those rain amounts. Nearly three feet of rain is a catastrophic amount. The ground and storm systems can't handle that much water that quickly. Rivers and streams will overflow, streets will be rivers, and damns and levees could give way. When you factor in the storm surge you can see why the high winds aren't the number one concern with this hurricane.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Hurricane Harvey History & Civil Business Politics

As this storm continues to grow over the warm gulf waters we could see a cat 4 storm come on shore. I hope that it does not stall for long and keeps moving. The current fronts in the US are going to be the steering winds and it does not look that good right now.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Harvey Hurricane

Yeah, right now they are expecting Cat 3 but who knows. They also are expecting it to stall over Texas for days. That would be bad.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Harvey Hurricane

Well with it being at sustained winds of 109 just 1 MPH from a cat 3 rating and still strengthening I think the cat 3 is a go. Now is it going to get up to Cat 4 strength? The steering winds for it right now are not there but a blocking front to not allow it to move too far inland is present thus the stalling.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Hurricane Harvey

It's looking more and more like it'll be a category three storm with a tremendous amount of rain that will causing catastrophic flooding. My prayers out to southern Texas this weekend.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey
A Friend

Hurricane Harvey

With winds at 125 and it almost ready to head on shore I doubt it will strengthen any more. That is still a strong cat 3 as cat 4 starts at 131 MPH winds. I can not believe there is still reports of people fleeing the barrier islands and Corpus Christi this late in the development of this strong storm. I have driven n a cat 3 hurricane it is not any fun.

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Harvey Politics Business Civil & History

Hurricane Harvey upgraded to Category 4 storm as it continues to barrel toward Texas. The National Weather Service said the monster storm has strengthened to a Category 4 hurricane with winds up to 130 mph. Ref. USAToday.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Hurricane Harvey

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,