Babylonian Plimpton 322 Tablet

Babylonian Plimpton 322 Tablet - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Aug, 2017 - 11:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

World's oldest and most accurate trigonometric table
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 8:23am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mathematical mystery of ancient Babylonian clay tablet solved. Scientists have discovered the purpose of a famous 3,700-year old Babylonian clay tablet, revealing it is the world's oldest and most accurate trigonometric table, possibly used by ancient mathematical scribes to calculate how to construct palaces and temples and build canals. The new research shows the Babylonians beat the Greeks to the invention of trigonometry -- the study of triangles -- by more than 1,000 years. Source 8q.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 10:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tablet Plimpton Babylonian

This does not surprise me as the Babylonians were good at building things. That shows they had a knowledge of such things. So to know they beat the Greeks by a good 1,000 years does not surprise me.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Babylonian Plimpton 322 Tablet History & Civil Business Politics

Heck no, the Babylonians built wonders while the Greeks were still hunter gatherers or at best slash and burn technology. This makes perfect sense.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tablet Plimpton Babylonian

I would be interested to know who taught them this higher mathematics. Some how I am not convinced that in that day it was just a smart person who had a few ideas and they paid off.

> TOPIC: Babylonian Plimpton 322 Tablet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,